After blowing a golden opportunity to clinch the NFC East in back-to-back seasons, the Philadelphia Eagles officially finished in second place. As a result, we now know all of the Birds’ 2024 regular season opponents. Based on the league’s formulaic schedule structure, here’s an overview of the teams they’ll play.
EAGLES 2024 OPPONENTS
New York Giants
The specific dates and times won’t be revealed until the NFL officially reveals the entire 2023 schedule in April or May.
As previously mentioned, the Eagles’ schedule is determined by a formula. Here’s an overview on how that works.
They play the three NFC East teams twice per season, so that makes up six games.
They also play one NFC and one AFC division, which rotates each year. In 2024, that’s the NFC South and the AFC North, so that’s eight more games.
The Eagles then play the two teams that finished in the same place as Philadelphia from each of the other two NFC divisions. That would be the Packers in the NFC North and the Rams in the NFC West.
With the addition of the 17th game, the the Eagles will play the same place finisher in a rotational AFC division. That will be the Jaguars from the AFC South this year.
The NFL is typically a year-to-year league; there’s so much that can change from now until next season. With that said, here are some early thoughts about the Eagles’ 2024 opponents.
- The Eagles and Bucs are set for a rematch of this season’s wild card playoff game. It’ll be the Eagles’ third trip to Tampa since Week 3 of the 2023 season.
- Wonder who the Falcons will have at QB in 2024. Gonna trade for Justin Fields?
- Is former Eagle Joe Flacco going to be the Browns’ QB next season!?
- The Eagles haven’t lost to the Steelers at home since 1965.
- Doug Pederson will be making another trip back to The Linc next year.
- Jalen Hurts vs. Lamar Jackson could be cool. Ditto for Hurts vs. Joe Burrow.