Carson Wentz is set to become the 13th quarterback drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles to play a game against the Birds this Sunday. I thought I would take a look at how the other 12 players have done in their games against the Eagles, to see what records Wentz might be shooting for in Week 3. Results were quite interesting, to me at least.
- Most passing yards in a game - 385.
- Most passing touchdowns in a game - 5. Sonny Jurgensen dropped 385 yards on 22 completions on the Birds for Washington during a 35-20 win in Week 5 of the 1964 season. Jurgensen also tossed five touchdown passes, the most by a former Eagle against his old team. Jurgensen enjoyed his games against the Eagles, going 15-3-2 against them in 20 career games.
- Most pass attempts in a game - 50.
- Most completions in a game - 30. That man Jurgensen again, he uncorked 50 attempts in a Week 12 matchup in 1967. The game ended in a 35-35 tie.
- Most interceptions in a game - 3. This has been "achieved" twice, once by Jurgensen (Week 4, 1972) and once by another Eagles quarterback now turning out in the burgundy. Donovan McNabb tossed three picks in the Michael Vick game back in Week 10 of the 2010 season. This included the only pick six thrown by a former Eagle against them.
- Most sacks taken in a game - 6. Jurgensen absorbed six takedowns in a 21-14 Eagles win over Washington in Week 9 of the 1965 season.