Welcome back to week three of the suicide elimination pool everyone! Well most of you. We had three players no show this week. That's fine, when this gets posted on the front page the no shows are usually in the 20s or so. We only had 2 actual incorrect picks: one Eagles picks (should've picked em last week) and one Steelers pick that was made with really sound logic. Tough luck. Now if you'll excuse the rest of us, we're gonna go back to picking against the teams that looked bad to us. 56 remain!
|User||Week 1||Week 2|
|Brandon Lee Gowton||Eagles||Buccaneers|
|Hugh Mad||Eagles||49ers (!!!)|
|Lord Jay Universe||Buccaneers||Browns|
|Phoenix X Maximus||49ers||Buccaneers|
|Three Wolf Moon||Chiefs||Buccaneers|
|ÆTIUS||Forgot all about the pool|
|TheCoxishere||Very Bummed that he missed the start of the pool.|
* - Was very sure he picked the Chiefs, earns Spiritual Loss.
Hey, man. Let me know if there are any issues. I was pretty tired typing this last night: trying to properly distribute all the Patriots, Browns and Buccaneers picks.
- Each pool member chooses one NFL team
- Picks are made "straight up." No spreads are being used in this pool.
- If you make a correct pick, then congratulations! You advance to the next week. You make an incorrect pick, then you will be eliminated.
- Ties count as a win. As a show of respect, this will now be known as the Brandon Lee Gowton Rule.
- You can only pick a team once per season (if you pick the Eagles in Week 1, you won't be able to pick them again that season). You will be able to see the teams you have picked so far in a table that will be included in the Suicide Pool fanposts.
- Reminder: Your picks aren't locked until the the scheduled kick off of the game you've picked for. You can change your pick up until that time.
- Regarding COVID Cancellations and Postpoments: Unless your game gets canceled with 1 hour of the scheduled start time, it is up to you to change your pick to a valid team. Here is a site that eman found: https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/Home.aspx. Use this to keep up with NFL news of cancellations and the sort. If a player on your team or the opposing team tests positive, I would suggest being alert to a possible postponement.
- Last player standing wins
- If all players advance past week
1718, then we will go into the playoffs (picks reset, but can't pick the same team twice in the playoffs). If we make it to the Super Bowl and both players want to choose the same team or there are more than 2 players in contention, then we will also predict the final score to the game. Whoever is closer wins.
NFL Week 3 point spreads
- Carolina Panthers (-7.5) at Houston Texans (+7.5)
- Indianapolis Colts (+5.5) at Tennessee Titans (-5.5)
- Atlanta Falcons (+3.5) at New York Giants (-3.5)
- Los Angeles Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs - off the board
- Cincinnati Bengals (+4.5) at Pittsburgh Steelers (-4.5)
- Chicago Bears (+7.5) at Cleveland Browns (-7.5)
- Baltimore Ravens at Detroit Lions - off the board
- New Orleans Saints (+3.5) at New England Patriots (-3.5)
- Arizona Cardinals (-7.5) at Jacksonville Jaguars (+7.5)
- Washington Football Team (+8.5) at Buffalo Bills (-8.5)
- New York Jets (+10.5) at Denver Broncos (-10.5)
- Miami Dolphins (+4.5) at Las Vegas Raiders (-4.5)
- Seattle Seahawks (-1.5) at Minnesota Vikings (+1.5)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+0.5) at Los Angeles Rams (-0.5)
- Green Bay Packers (+3.5) at San Francisco 49ers (-3.5)
- Philadelphia Eagles (+4.5) at Dallas Cowboys (-4.5)