Welcome back to week 2 of the why-can't-I-highlight-usernames-so-I-could-just-copy-and-paste Suicide Elimination Pool, where a lot of people won. At least the majority of people that got their pick in by the start of the Sunday games. If you were forced to pick the Sunday Night Game you were in good shape as well. If your were forced to pick the Monday Night game then all but one of you just received an early exit out of this year's pool. If only there were two Monday Night Games this year. Now we move on to week two, where the real challenge lies. Which of those 1-0 teams are ACTUALLY good? Is that 0-1 team really as awful as they seemed? Decisions, Decisions
Also there were only a few Eagles picks going up against the hapless Falcons. Scared? No Faith? (In before "I was saving them" for some other Matchup that they'll end up losing)
|Brandon Lee Gowton||Eagles|
|Lord Jay Universe||Buccaneers|
|Phoenix X Maximus||49ers|
|Three Wolf Moon||Chiefs|
I guarantee there are mistakes in this list. Let me know about them in the comments. Alright, let's get ready to thin
- Each pool member chooses one NFL team
- Picks are made "straight up." No spreads are being used in this pool.
- If you make a correct pick, then congratulations! You advance to the next week. You make an incorrect pick, then you will be eliminated.
- Ties count as a win. As a show of respect, this will now be known as the Brandon Lee Gowton Rule.
- You can only pick a team once per season (if you pick the Eagles in Week 1, you won't be able to pick them again that season). You will be able to see the teams you have picked so far in a table that will be included in the Suicide Pool fanposts.
- Reminder: Your picks aren't locked until the the scheduled kick off of the game you've picked for. You can change your pick up until that time.
- Regarding COVID Cancellations and Postpoments: Unless your game gets canceled with 1 hour of the scheduled start time, it is up to you to change your pick to a valid team. Here is a site that eman found: https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/Home.aspx. Use this to keep up with NFL news of cancellations and the sort. If a player on your team or the opposing team tests positive, I would suggest being alert to a possible postponement.
- Last player standing wins
- If all players advance past week
1718, then we will go into the playoffs (picks reset, but can't pick the same team twice in the playoffs). If we make it to the Super Bowl and both players want to choose the same team or there are more than 2 players in contention, then we will also predict the final score to the game. Whoever is closer wins.
NFL Week 2 point spreads
New York Giants (+4.5) at Washington Football Team (-4.5)
New England Patriots (-5.5) at New York Jets (+5.5)
Denver Broncos (-5.5) at Jacksonville Jaguars (+5.5)
Buffalo Bills (-3.5) at Miami Dolphins (+3.5)
San Francisco 49ers (-3.5) at Philadelphia Eagles (+3.5)
Los Angeles Rams (-4.5) at Indianapolis Colts (+4.5)
Las Vegas Raiders (+5.5) at Pittsburgh Steelers (-5.5)
Cincinnati Bengals (+3.5) at Chicago Bears (-3.5)
Houston Texans (+11.5) at Cleveland Browns (-11.5)
New Orleans Saints (-3.5) at Carolina Panthers (+3.5)
Minnesota Vikings (+4.5) at Arizona Cardinals (-4.5)
Atlanta Falcons (+12.5) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-12.5)
Tennessee Titans (+5.5) at Seattle Seahawks (-5.5)
Dallas Cowboys (+2.5) at Los Angeles Chargers (-2.5)
Kansas City Chiefs (-2.5) at Baltimore Ravens (+2.5)
Detroit Lions (+10.5) vs. Green Bay Packers (-10.5)