The BGN Community Mock Draft is back for another year! The actual 2021 NFL Draft start date, April 29, is just four weeks away, so we’re ready to begin VERY soon. Please make sure to check out the rules below.
In 2020, BGN member ablesser88 finished as champion with a 91.06% approval rating for taking Chase Young with the No. 2 overall pick. As the winner, they will own the rightful claim to the Philadelphia Eagles’ selection at No. 12 this year.
We will be carrying the new twist from the last three years over to this community mock draft as well. That’s to say I’ll be including a poll in each pick post that allows everyone to vote for who THEY would pick for that given team. This way we’ll end up with two final mocks: one from the 32 individual users, and one from the community consensus.
Who will be the winner in 2021?! It’s anyone’s guess, but you have to play to win, so get those keyboards ready. There are only so many spots up for grabs.
REMINDER: The selection process doesn’t start until FRIDAY, April 2 at 1:00 PM Eastern Time. This is just a “HEADS UP” post to give everyone a fair shot at getting their team of choice.
READ THE RULES
- Just like in the past, this year’s process will start at a specific time: Friday, April 2 at 1:00 PM ET, to be exact. If you want to be assigned to a pick, just comment in the post that will appear on the front page at that time. Make sure to include TWO things:
1) The team you want
2) The email address where I can reach you immediately after the pick claiming is done
TO REPEAT: ONCE YOUR PICK IS CLAIMED AND CONFIRMED by me in the official chart, I will contact you at the email address you provide. Mine is email@example.com. Please keep checking your email so that we can instantly get the process moving. If you do not receive an email invitation to the Google doc from me after I have confirmed your pick in the chart (within like 90 minutes at least), please contact me ASAP.
- Teams will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. HOWEVER, you must have at least 300 comments or have been a member of BGN since January 1st, 2021 in order to participate. (Note: this is a loose guideline more than a hard rule. Exceptions will be made as I see necessary.)
- If you want a pick, don’t wait around! You can only pick one team/selection. If you’re requesting a team with more than one first-round pick (ex: Jets own picks No. 2 and No. 23), please specify the exact pick you want.
- The first two selections will be posted to the front page on Monday, April 5. If you have the Jacksonville Jaguars (No. 1) and New York Jets (No. 2), be prepared to email me your picks ASAP. Again: my e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Everyone’s pick will be due to me at least TWO DAYS before the pick is published on BGN’s front page. The exact schedule for when picks are DUE can be seen in the list at the bottom of this post.
- Two picks will be posted every business day (Monday through Friday, no weekends) until we reach the end of our mock draft, which, conveniently enough, coincides with the beginning of draft week.
- Standard fanpost etiquette applies - meaning please make your pick explanations at least 150 words long and try to use big boy sentences. Punctuation is also appreciated.
- If you want some examples of how the picks went down in previous years, [click here] and [here] and [here] and [here] and [here] and [here] and [here] and [here].
- The winner of the mock (and the recipient of next year’s Eagles pick) will be determined by a community approval rating poll placed on each article. Don’t forget to vote! With the Eagles potentially owning three first-round picks in 2021, the second- and third-place finishers might have a chance to pick for Philly as well.
- No trades - sorry.
Keep an eye out for the selection post TOMORROW (Friday, April 2 at 1:00 PM ET). Best of luck to everyone! Let’s have fun.
See below for the entire schedule.
1) Jacksonville Jaguars — DUE: April 4 — PUBLISHING: April 5
2) New York Jets — DUE: April 4 — PUBLISHING: April 5
3) San Francisco 49ers — DUE: April 4 — PUBLISHING: April 6
4) Atlanta Falcons — DUE: April 4 — PUBLISHING: April 6
5) Cincinnati Bengals — DUE: April 5 — PUBLISHING: April 7
6) Miami Dolphins — DUE: April 5 — PUBLISHING: April 7
7) Detroit Lions — DUE: April 6 — PUBLISHING: April 8
8) Carolina Panthers — DUE: April 6 — PUBLISHING: April 8
9) Denver Broncos — DUE: April 7 — PUBLISHING: April 9
10) Dallas Cowboys — DUE: April 7 — PUBLISHING: April 9
11) New York Giants — DUE: April 10 — PUBLISHING: April 12
12) Philadelphia Eagles — DUE: April 10 — PUBLISHING: April 12
13) Los Angeles Chargers — DUE: April 11 — PUBLISHING: April 13
14) Minnesota Vikings — DUE: April 11 — PUBLISHING: April 13
15) New England Patriots — DUE: April 12 — PUBLISHING: April 14
16) Arizona Cardinals — DUE: April 12 — PUBLISHING: April 14
17) Las Vegas Raiders — DUE: April 13 — PUBLISHING: April 15
18) Miami Dolphins — DUE: April 13 — PUBLISHING: April 15
19) Washington Football Team — DUE: April 14 — PUBLISHING: April 16
20) Chicago Bears — DUE: April 14 — PUBLISHING: April 16
21) Indianapolis Colts — DUE: April 17 — PUBLISHING: April 19
22) Tennessee Titans — DUE: April 17 — PUBLISHING: April 19
23) New York Jets — DUE: April 18 — PUBLISHING: April 20
24) Pittsburgh Steelers — DUE: April 18 — PUBLISHING: April 20
25) Jacksonville Jaguars — DUE: April 19 — PUBLISHING: April 21
26) Cleveland Browns — DUE: April 19 — PUBLISHING: April 21
27) Baltimore Ravens — DUE: April 20 — PUBLISHING: April 22
28) New Orleans Saints — DUE: April 20 — PUBLISHING: April 22
29) Green Bay Packers — DUE: April 21 — PUBLISHING: April 23
30) Buffalo Bills — DUE: April 21 — PUBLISHING: April 23
31) Kansas City Chiefs — DUE: April 24 — PUBLISHING: April 26
32) Tampa Bay Buccaneers — DUE: April 24 — PUBLISHING: April 26