Potentially having three first-round picks in the 2022 NFL Draft allows the Eagles to pivot to a new quarterback if Jalen Hurts doesn’t work out. Or they have more ammunition to build around Hurts, should he prove worthy.
But, as my high school basketball coach once said, it’s fitting that potential begins with “po.” Because when all you’ve got is potential and it goes unrealized, well, then you’ve got nothing. You’re “po[or].”
The Eagles’ trade down provides hope for an outcome where the team is able to successfully drag themselves out of the mud and back to relevance. Maybe they can go through a successful “retooling” after all.
Do you have the faith in this current regime to make the right picks and decisions to get them back on track, though? Positioning is one thing but the execution is another. And it’s sure not easy to give them the benefit of the doubt after the downward trajectory that’s led them to this point.
Do you have faith in the Eagles to make the most out of their trade down?
This poll is closed
SHOW TOPICS INCLUDE
Covering last Friday’s big trade from every team’s perspective!
- What’s the confidence level in Tua Tagovailoa?
- Who should Miami take at No. 6?
- What’s the realistic best and worst case outcome for the Dolphins in 2021 as it relates to the Eagles owning their 2022 first-round pick?
- The pros and cons of Philly’s move down.
- The problems with the Eagles’ draft process in recent years.
- What this trade means for Hurts.
- What pick at No. 12 can help restore faith in the front office?
- Which quarterback did the 49ers trade up to take?
- What’s the 49ers’ realistic ceiling in 2021 if they’re starting a rookie quarterback?
- What happens with Jimmy G?
- Is Mac Jones being slept on?