Welcome to week 5 of the BGN suicide elimination pool, where there is a good chance you have been eliminated and are coming in to complain about the team that screwed you. Feel free to let it all out, just know that security is on it's way to escort you off the premises. In case you missed it in the fanposts, someone is hosting a second chance suicide pool here. Good Luck!
Now that the losers are gone, the rest of us can discuss this weekend's events. Saints, Titans, Dolphins and, uh, Lions cost people their suicide pool lives, but the Packers, Bills and Bengals picks live. Congrats on surviving your first mass exodus of the season. This usually means you're destined to lose by week 2 of next year, kinda like Final Destination rules where you cheated death but now death wants to correct this because of the universal balance or something, I think? Point is, you gotta make this year count.
|User||Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4|
|Brandon Lee Gowton||Eagles||Buccaneers||Broncos||Bills|
|Phoenix X Maximus||49ers||Buccaneers||Cardinals||Bills|
|TheCoxishere||Forgot about the pool, but would have known not to pick the Titans or Saints|
I screwed up the last spreadsheet, but the person I messed up got eliminated, so I didn't have to fix it.
WE ARE NOW CRACKING DOWN ON TAUNTING. 15 YARDS AND LOSS OF PICK AT OFFICIALS DISCRETION
- Each pool member chooses one NFL team
- Picks are made "straight up." No spreads are being used in this pool.
- If you make a correct pick, then congratulations! You advance to the next week. You make an incorrect pick, then you will be eliminated.
- Ties count as a win. As a show of respect, this will now be known as the Brandon Lee Gowton Rule.
- You can only pick a team once per season (if you pick the Eagles in Week 1, you won't be able to pick them again that season). You will be able to see the teams you have picked so far in a table that will be included in the Suicide Pool fanposts.
- Reminder: Your picks aren't locked until the the scheduled kick off of the game you've picked for. You can change your pick up until that time.
- Regarding COVID Cancellations and Postpoments: Unless your game gets canceled with 1 hour of the scheduled start time, it is up to you to change your pick to a valid team. Here is a site that eman found: https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/Home.aspx. Use this to keep up with NFL news of cancellations and the sort. If a player on your team or the opposing team tests positive, I would suggest being alert to a possible postponement.
- Last player standing wins
- If all players advance past week
1718, then we will go into the playoffs (picks reset, but can't pick the same team twice in the playoffs). If we make it to the Super Bowl and both players want to choose the same team or there are more than 2 players in contention, then we will also predict the final score to the game. Whoever is closer wins.
NFL Week 5 point spreads
- Los Angeles Rams (-2.5) at Seattle Seahawks (+2.5)
- New York Jets (+3.5) at Atlanta Falcons (-3.5)
- Detroit Lions (+7.5) at Minnesota Vikings (-7.5)
- New Orleans Saints (-1.5) at Washington Football Team (+1.5)
- New England Patriots (-9.5) at Houston Texans (+9.5)
- Miami Dolphins (+10.5) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-10.5)
- Green Bay Packers (-3.5) at Cincinnati Bengals (+3.5)
- Denver Broncos (+1.5) at Pittsburgh Steelers (-1.5)
- Philadelphia Eagles (+3.5) at Carolina Panthers (-3.5)
- Tennessee Titans (-3.5) at Jacksonville Jaguars (+3.5)
- Cleveland Browns (+0.5) at Los Angeles Chargers (-0.5)
- Chicago Bears (+5.5) at Las Vegas Raiders (-5.5)
- San Francisco 49ers (+5.5) at Arizona Cardinals (-5.5)
- New York Giants (+7.5) at Dallas Cowboys (-7.5)
- Buffalo Bills (+2.5) at Kansas City Chiefs (-2.5)
- Indianapolis Colts (+6.5) at Baltimore Ravens (-6.5)