After originally picking the Las Vegas Raiders to cover the three-point spread (via DraftKings Sportbook) and beat the Philadelphia Eagles, I’m feeling a change of heart. I think the Eagles might actually win this game.
Typing as much doesn’t feel great in the vein that Nick Sirianni and Jalen Hurts have decidedly not earned the benefit of the doubt. The Eagles’ offense has gotten off to abysmal starts in each of their last two games. Would it truly be shocking if they struggled out of the gate again at Allegiant Stadium?
That being said, the Eagles have a number of factors working for them in this one.
- The Eagles have a rest advantage after last playing on Thursday night in Week 6.
- The Eagles have a favorable matchup in the trenches. They should be able to get to Derek Carr.
- The Eagles are getting Lane Johnson back.
- The Eagles have a lot of their fans traveling to this game.
- The Eagles might be catching a big break with Darren Waller potentially unable to play.
- The Raiders aren’t actually as good as their 4-2 record suggests.
It just feels like there might be some positive vibes on the Eagles’ side.
Perhaps Sirianni truly took the mini-bye to reflect on what’s went wrong for the Birds. Perhaps he’ll actually run the ball a little more often than never. Perhaps Hurts will rebound.
One should believe it when they see it but it’s possible.
Score prediction: 24 to 21, Eagles win.
Bold prediction: Miles Sanders rushes for over 100 yards for the first time in 315 days.
Leave your own score predictions in the comments.
Will the Eagles beat the Raiders?
This poll is closed