Welcome to week 6 of the BGN Suicide elimination pool, where we ignore scorn from our peers and proudly pick teams like Dallas and New England. No way we're gonna pick the Eagles, because we want to win. Oh hey, the Eagles won too! So it's kind of like two separate instances of happiness, where you celebrate the Eagles win AND your successful suicide pool pick, instead of one combined celebration.
What am I talking about? I don't know - but I'm not going to delete it. I am going to delete the people who picked the Raiders in the pool last week, because they screwed up. Kind of like how Gruden screwed up, except instead of slurs and stuff, they goofed by typing "Raiders" in as their pick. 27 Remain.
|User||Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5|
|Brandon Lee Gowton||Eagles||Buccaneers||Broncos||Bills||Cowboys|
|Phoenix X Maximus||49ers||Buccaneers||Cardinals||Bills||Patriots|
|TheCoxishere||Eagles 4 sure||idk||idk||idk||Eagles here, too|
PLEASE DISREGARD THESE RULES IF YOUR NET WORTH IS GREATER OR EQUAL TO $4 BILLION
- Each pool member chooses one NFL team
- Picks are made "straight up." No spreads are being used in this pool.
- If you make a correct pick, then congratulations! You advance to the next week. You make an incorrect pick, then you will be eliminated.
- Ties count as a win. As a show of respect, this will now be known as the Brandon Lee Gowton Rule.
- You can only pick a team once per season (if you pick the Eagles in Week 1, you won't be able to pick them again that season). You will be able to see the teams you have picked so far in a table that will be included in the Suicide Pool fanposts.
- Reminder: Your picks aren't locked until the the scheduled kick off of the game you've picked for. You can change your pick up until that time.
- Regarding COVID Cancellations and Postpoments: Unless your game gets canceled with 1 hour of the scheduled start time, it is up to you to change your pick to a valid team. Here is a site that eman found: https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/Home.aspx. Use this to keep up with NFL news of cancellations and the sort. If a player on your team or the opposing team tests positive, I would suggest being alert to a possible postponement.
- Last player standing wins
- If all players advance past week
1718, then we will go into the playoffs (picks reset, but can't pick the same team twice in the playoffs). If we make it to the Super Bowl and both players want to choose the same team or there are more than 2 players in contention, then we will also predict the final score to the game. Whoever is closer wins.
NFL Week 6 point spreads
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-6.5) at Philadelphia Eagles (+6.5)
- Miami Dolphins (-3.5) at Jacksonville Jaguars (+3.5)
- Kansas City Chiefs (-6.5) at Washington Football Team (+6.5)
- Los Angeles Rams (-10.5) at New York Giants (+10.5)
- Houston Texans (+10.5) at Indianapolis Colts (-10.5)
- Cincinnati Bengals (-3.5) at Detroit Lions (+3.5)
- Green Bay Packers (-4.5) at Chicago Bears (+4.5)
- Los Angeles Chargers (+3.5) at Baltimore Ravens (-3.5)
- Minnesota Vikings (+1.5) at Carolina Panthers (-1.5)
- Arizona Cardinals (+2.5) at Cleveland Browns (-2.5)
- Las Vegas Raiders (+3.5) at Denver Broncos (-3.5)
- Dallas Cowboys (-3.5) at New England Patriots (+3.5)
- Seattle Seahawks (+4.5) at Pittsburgh Steelers (-4.5)
- Buffalo Bills (-3.5) at Tennessee Titans (+3.5)