The Philadelphia Eagles officially announced 13 roster moves on Thursday evening in order to trim the roster down to 67 players. The Eagles still must get down to 53 players prior to the 4:00 PM Eastern deadline on Saturday, September 5.
Here’s a recap of what the Eagles have done so far.
The following players are subject to waivers.
S Grayland Arnold
WR Travis Fulgham
OG Julian Good-Jones
RB Elijah Holyfield
RB Adrian Killins
S Elijah Riley
TE Tyrone Swoopes
RB Michael Warren
OL Luke Juriga
WR Deontay Burnett
WR Marcus Green
WR Manassaeh Bailey
OT Andre Dillard to injured reserve
- Dillard going to IR now (as opposed to after the cuts deadline) confirms he won’t play during the 2020 season. Ineligible to be activated now.
- Burnett deserved to make the team. It’s a shame he’s gone. Could see him getting claimed on waivers.
- Arnold also deserved to make the team. He made some plays in camp and the Eagles are going to keep five safeties with Will Parks getting hurt.
- Little surprised to see Holyfield gone. I had him on my 53, though I wasn’t sure the Eagles were going to keep four backs. That the Eagles are only keeping three bodes well for the status of Miles Sanders, who missed most of training camp with a hamstring injury.
- Wouldn’t worry about Killins getting claimed; he’ll likely make it to the practice squad.
- Burnett, Arnold, Holyfield, Killins, Riley, and Juriga are the best practice squad bets here. Fulgham and/or Green might draw consideration.
- Swoopes, Bailey, and Good-Jones were essentially camp bodies.
- The Eagles can place Brandon Brooks and Alshon Jeffery on reserve/physically unable to perform to get down to 65 players. They’d need just 13 more moves from that point.
Stay tuned for more Eagles news and updates by following along with BGN’s EAGLES ROSTER CUTS TRACKER — [CLICK HERE].