Earlier this week, Michael Kist and Benjamin Solak dropped their immediate reactions to the Philadelphia Eagles re-signing Jason Peters to play right guard. Now Jimmy Kempski and I have some more marinated JP takes for you to digest via the latest BGN Radio podcast episode. You can [CLICK HERE] or listen below:
FINAL THOUGHTS ON THE DESEAN JACKSON SITUATION
- Jimmy and I didn’t get around to recording last week so we quickly touched on the DeSean stuff here.
THE BODY*GUARD* IS BACK
- Can JP actually transition to right guard?
- What potential impact does this signing have on Andre Dillard? Will Peters end up playing at left tackle at some point?
- The Eagles’ improved offensive line depth situation.
- Taking issue with Jimmy writing: “Overall, it’s hard to find any issues at all with Peters’ return to the team. It all feels very positive.”
REVERSING COURSE ON ALSHON JEFFERY
- Jimmy and I previously expected Jeffery to be on the outs but the sentiment has changed. Jimmy wrote a big piece about this on PhillyVoice. He added this on the pod:
“They don’t view him as this bad guy. He’s not like [Terrell Owens] maliciously bashing [Donovan] McNabb back in the day. They just kinda viewed both of those [anonymous leak] situations as Jeffery being kind of naive and unaware of what can happen when you’re casually communicating with a national reporter who is looking to create headlines. Which is exactly what happened. I made the point in the post, like, but it happened twice. If it happens once, you learn from it, you don’t do it again. But it happened twice, so in my view, it should be a big deal. But the Eagles don’t view it that way. They think he’s a good guy, deep down. They don’t think he went out of his way to just crapping on the quarterback in each of the last two years, it’s just sort of a dumb thing he did. Again, twice.
- The COVID-19 pandemic helped Jeffery’s chances of staying in Philly.
- Why we’re still skeptical about Jeffery’s ability to be an effective contributor in 2020.
- The outlook of the rest of the wide receiver position. Who’s starting? Who’s lining up where?
THE COWBOYS ARE SCREWING UP THE DAK PRESCOTT SITUATION
- Dallas is in a really bad spot with Dak and the Eagles should feel good about that.
Don’t forget to use promo code BGN15 to get 15% off craft jerky at www.righteousfelon.com!
Support the pod: If you enjoy BGN Radio, please consider leaving a 5-star RATING and REVIEW on Apple podcast. It doesn’t take long and it helps us reach more Eagles fans in the world!
Up next: Stay tuned for more BGN Radio offseason podcasts!
Make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, follow @BGN_Radio on Twitter.