Let’s take a break from what this upcoming season may or may not look like, and instead, get excited about some of the young blood joining the locker room. The Eagles have made it very clear that they want the team to get younger, and that was reflected with their (lack of) offseason moves and decisions during the 2020 NFL Draft.
Here’s a list of the incoming, drafted rookies:
- Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
- Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma
- Davion Taylor, OLB, Colorado
- K’Von Wallace, S, Clemson
- Jack Driscoll, OT, Auburn
- John Hightower, WR, Boise State
- Shaun Bradley, LB, Temple
- Quez Watkins, WR, Southern Miss
- Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn
- Casey Toohill, OLB, Stanford
While there are certainly things to be excited about with so many new, fast wide receivers, the guy I am most excited about is safety K’Von Wallace.
Wallace was a guy that stayed healthy at Clemson, and suited up for all 15 games his last two collegiate seasons. Over the course of his college career, Wallace recorded 156 total tackles, 15 passes defended, 5 interceptions (including one Pick 6), 2 forced fumbles, and 2 sacks.
Not only is he a beast on the field, but he hits all the marks with the kind of guy who will not only fit right into the Philly locker room, but also quickly become a fan favorite. Sure, it might be a little early to make such an assumption, but let’s just take a look at some of the things he’s already done to endear himself to Eagles Nation:
- He signed off of his introductory press conference by flapping his wings
- He got a GIGANTIC tattoo of an Eagle on his back
- He has several times posted mock-ups of himself in his Eagles uniform
So, the young man definitely has the type of passion that Philly fans expect and respect from players.
And, if all that isn’t enough, he was roommates at Clemson with Brian Dawkins’ son. That’s right, Wallace is a close family friend of the Eagles’ Hall of Fame safety, and will no doubt have unlimited access to his insights both on and off the field.
Which rookie are you most excited about?
Sound off in the comments!