In what’s become an annual early June tradition here at BGN, let’s take a look around the NFL to see which former Philadelphia Eagles players are still in the league.
AFC EAST (18)
MIAMI DOLPHINS (6)
LB Kamu Grugier-Hill, WR Mack Hollins, RB Jordan Howard, CB Ryan Lewis, CB Jamal Perry (formerly “Jomal Wiltz” before legally changing his name this offseason), CB Eric Rowe
BUFFALO BILLS (4)
QB Matt Barkley, OL Ryan Bates, S Jordan Poyer, OT Victor Salako
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (4)
DT Beau Allen, S Terrence Brooks, S Patrick Chung, WR Devin Ross
NEW YORK JETS (4)
RB Josh Adams, OG Josh Andrews, LB B.J. Bello, RB Frank Gore
NFC WEST (9)
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (4)*
LB Joey Alfieri, RB Raheem Mostert, LS Kyle Nelson, LB Joe Walker
ARIZONA CARDINALS (3)*
LB Jordan Hicks, CB Duke Thomas, OT Brett Toth
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (2)*
CB Ryan Neal, OG Chance Warmack
LOS ANGELES RAMS (0)*
NFC EAST (7)
NEW YORK GIANTS (3)*
RB Dion Lewis, WR Golden Tate, TE Eric Tomlinson
DALLAS COWBOYS (2)*
DT Justin Hamilton, CB Daryl Worley
CB Ronald Darby, S Jeremy Reaves
NFC NORTH (7)
DETROIT LIONS (3)
WR Danny Amendola, QB Chase Daniel, OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai
CHICAGO BEARS (2)
WR Reggie Davis, QB Nick Foles
GREEN BAY PACKERS (2)*
DT Treyvon Hester, CB Chandon Sullivan
MINNESOTA VIKINGS (0)
NFC SOUTH (6)
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (3)*
LB Kiko Alonso, S Malcolm Jenkins, CB Patrick Robinson
ATLANTA FALCONS (2)
DE Steven Means, LB LaRoy Reynolds
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS (1)
S Deiondre’ Hall
CAROLINA PANTHERS (0)
AFC SOUTH (6)
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (2)
TE Trey Burton, WR Marcus Johnson
HOUSTON TEXANS (2)
WR DeAndre Carter, DB Jaylen Watkins
TENNESSEE TITANS (2)
WR Rashard Davis, OT Dennis Kelly
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (0)
AFC WEST (6)
LAS VEGAS RAIDERS (3)
WR Nelson Agholor, TE Derek Carrier, CB D.J. Killings
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (2)
CB Alex Brown, LS James Winchester
DENVER BRONCOS (1)
CB De’Vante Bausby
LOS ANGELES CHARGERS (0)
AFC NORTH (4)
PITTSBURGH STEELERS (2)*
OT Alejandro Villanueva, OG Stefen Wisniewski
BALTIMORE RAVENS (1)*
LB L.J. Fort
CLEVELAND BROWNS (1)*
S Andrew Sendejo
CINCINNATI BENGALS (0)*
Notable free agents
OT Jason Peters, LB Nigel Bradham, DE Vinny Curry, RB LeSean McCoy, QB Josh McCown, LB Mychal Kendricks, DE Michael Bennett, WR Jordan Matthews, S Kurt Coleman, RB Wendell Smallwood, RB Kenjon Barner, RB Byron Marshall, RB David Fluellen, WR Russell Shepard, WR Johnny Holton, C A.Q. Shipley, OT Dillon Gordon, TE Billy Brown, DT Damion Square, DT Akeem Spence, LB Najee Goode, LB Paul Worrilow, LB Corey Nelson, LB D.J. Alexander, S Blake Countess, S Johnathan Cyprien, CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, K Cody Parkey
SOME VERY IMPORTANT THOUGHTS
- I put a * next to the 13 teams the Eagles will play in 2020.
- Please do not disrespect Frank Gore’s legacy by pointing out he was technically never an Eagle. Incredible that he’s still going strong as a 37-year-old running back.
- The AFC East continues to be a hot landing spot for former Eagles. They have twice as many as the next closest division!
- The AFC North continues to not be so big on former Eagles players.
- It won’t be surprising to see former Eagles continue to land with the Jets (Joe Douglas) and Browns (Andrew Berry).
- In one of the rare instances where it looks like I know what I’m talking about, I wrote at this time last year that I’d like to have Raheem Mostert back if possible. I’d say that take aged well.
- Eric Tomlinson, a 2015 Eagles UDFA signing, is somehow still hanging around the league.
- Chance Warmack is back in the NFL after going unsigned in 2019.
- Kyle Nelson and Duke Thomas are the most obscure guys on this list. Nelson spent a week on Philly’s practice squad in 2012. Thomas spent 10 days on Philly’s practice squad in 2013. Interesting to see they’re still around.
- If the Eagles could reacquire one former Eagles player that’s currently under contract, who would you pick? It’s Malcolm Jenkins for me. Jordan Hicks and L.J. Fort should be popular answers given the Eagles’ sketchy linebacker situation.
- Ruling out the big names, who’s one lesser known player you’d like to have back? I’d go with Steven Means. Always wanted to see him get more a chance in the pass rush rotation.
- There are a number of former Eagles currently on the free agent market that could realistically be in Philly this season. I’d put Peters, Curry, and McCoy in that group. Maybe even McCown? I don’t see them bringing Bradham back; I think they’ve turned the page on him.