Hey! There’s actually some Philadelphia Eagles news to talk about now that we’re getting closer to the start of NFL free agency. Jimmy Kempski and I touched on a number of these topics in the latest BGN Radio podcast. You can [CLICK HERE TO PLAY] or stream our conversation below:
• 0:45: The Eagles announce Jason Peters will be allowed to test free agency. Does that really close the door on his return? Should we make anything of the timing of this announcement? And the conspiracy angle to consider.
• 13:55: Halapoulivaati Vaitai is expected to get some big money in free agency. What should the Eagles do to replace him?
• 20:29: Will the Eagles be getting any compensatory picks in 2021?
• 22:53: Who was the teammate who confronted Alshon Jeffery in the Eagles’ locker room? Jimmy has some names! How soon after a new CBA gets finalized will the Eagles release Jeffery?
• 28:50: The Byron Jones buzz continues. We’ve made the case for, but what about the case against him?
• 36:28: Jimmy and I each suggest a new defensive back of potential interest. Jimmy’s mind is blown by my outside the box idea!
• 44:05: The need for speed: why the Eagles must acquire a free agent deep threat before heading into the 2002 NFL Draft. Is Breshad Perriman the answer? Does the increasing Justin Jefferson to the Eagles at No. 21 buzz make sense?
• 52:07: Yannick Ngakoue to the Eagles (probably) isn’t happening. Nick Foles to Philly (definitely) isn’t happening.
• Final thoughts, talking about a potential BGN Radio real life event, and more!
(Note: This podcast was recorded prior to the Marty Mornhinweg hiring.)
Reminder: Since we had to create an entirely new podcast feed, we could really use your support. We kindly ask that you SUBSCRIBE, RATE, and REVIEW! Doing so helps us accomplish cool things like becoming a top five podcast in the Apple Podcast store. And that helps us reach more Eagles fans out there in the world!
Up next: Stay tuned for more BGN Radio offseason podcasts!
Make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, follow @BGN_Radio on Twitter.