The BGN Community Mock Draft is back for another yet! The actual 2020 NFL Draft start date, April 25, is just four weeks away (and apparently isn’t going to be postponed), so we’re ready to begin VERY soon. Please make sure to check out the rules below.
In 2019, BGN member 20Safety_Hazards finished as champion with a 90.55% approval rating for taking Jawaan Taylor with the No. 7 overall pick. As the winner, 20Safety_Hazards will own the rightful claim to the Philadelphia Eagles’ selection at No. 21 this year.
We will be carrying the new twist from the last two years over to this community mock draft as well. That’s to say I’ll be including a poll in each pick post that allows everyone to vote for who THEY would pick for that given team. This way we’ll end up with two final mocks: one from the 32 individual users, and one from the consensus of community of voters.
Who will be the winner in 2020? It’s anyone’s guess, but you have to play to win, so get those keyboards ready. There are only 31 spots up for grabs.
REMINDER: Picking teams doesn’t start until FRIDAY, March 27 at 1:00 PM Eastern Time. This is just a “HEADS UP” post to give everyone a fair shot at getting their team of choice.
READ THE RULES
- Just like in the past, this year’s process will start at a specific time: Friday, March 27 at 1:00 PM ET, to be exact. If you want to be assigned to a pick, just comment in the post that will appear on the front page at that time. Make sure to include TWO things:
1) The team you want
2) The email address where I can reach you immediately after the pick claiming is done
TO REPEAT: ONCE YOUR PICK IS CLAIMED AND CONFIRMED by me in the official chart, I will contact you at the email address you provide. Mine is PE-BGN(at)mail(dot)com. Please keep checking your email so that we can instantly get the process moving. If you do not receive an email invitation to the Google doc from me after I have confirmed your pick in the chart (give me like 90 minutes at least), please contact me ASAP.
- Teams will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. HOWEVER, you must have at least 300 comments or have been a member of BGN since January 1st, 2020 in order to participate. (Note: this is a loose guideline more than a hard rule. Exceptions will be made as I see necessary.)
- There are only 31 slots open this year, so if you want a pick, don’t wait around! You can only pick one team/selection.
- The first two selections will be posted to the front page on Monday, March 30. If you have the Cincinnati Bengals (No. 1) and Washington (No. 2), be prepared to email me your picks ASAP. Again: my e-mail is PE-BGN(at)mail(dot)com.
- Everyone’s pick will be due to me at least TWO DAYS before the pick is published on BGN’s front page. The exact schedule for when picks are DUE can be seen in the list at the bottom of this post.
- Two picks will be posted every business day (Monday through Friday, no weekends) until we reach the end of our mock draft, which, conveniently enough, should coincide with the beginning of draft week.
- Standard fanpost etiquette applies - meaning please make your pick explanations at least 150 words long and try to use big boy sentences. Punctuation is also appreciated.
- If you want some examples of how the picks went down in previous years, [click here] and [here] and [here] and [here] and [here] and [here] and [here].
- The winner of the mock (and the recipient of next year’s Eagles pick) will be determined by a community approval rating poll placed on each article. Don’t forget to vote!
- No trades - sorry.
Keep an eye out for the selection post TOMORROW (Friday, March 27, 1:00 PM ET). Best of luck to everyone! Let’s have fun.
See below for the entire schedule.
1) Cincinnati Bengals — DUE: March 29 — PUBLISHING: March 30
2) Washington — DUE: March 29 — PUBLISHING: March 30
3) Detroit Lions — DUE: March 29 — PUBLISHING: March 31
4) New York Giants — DUE: March 29 — PUBLISHING: March 31
5) Miami Dolphins — DUE: March 30 — PUBLISHING: April 1
6) Los Angeles Chargers — DUE: March 30 — PUBLISHING: April 1
7) Carolina Panthers — DUE: March 31 — PUBLISHING: April 2
8) Arizona Cardinals — DUE: March 31 — PUBLISHING: April 2
9) Jacksonville Jaguars — DUE: April 1 — PUBLISHING: April 3
10) Cleveland Browns — DUE: April 1 — PUBLISHING: April 3
11) New York Jets — DUE: April 4 — PUBLISHING: April 6
12) Las Vegas Raiders — DUE: April 4 — PUBLISHING: April 6
13) San Francisco 49ers — DUE: April 5 — PUBLISHING: April 7
14) Tampa Bay Buccaneers — DUE: April 5 — PUBLISHING: April 7
15) Denver Broncos — DUE: April 6 — PUBLISHING: April 8
16) Atlanta Falcons — DUE: April 6 — PUBLISHING: April 8
17) Dallas Cowboys — DUE: April 7 — PUBLISHING: April 9
18) Miami Dolphins — DUE: April 7 — PUBLISHING: April 9
19) Las Vegas Raiders — DUE: April 8 — PUBLISHING: April 10
20) Jacksonville Jaguars — DUE: April 8 — PUBLISHING: April 10
21) Philadelphia Eagles — DUE: April 11 — PUBLISHING: April 13
22) Minnesota Vikings — DUE: April 11 — PUBLISHING: April 13
23) New England Patriots — DUE: April 12 — PUBLISHING: April 14
24) New Orleans Saints — DUE: April 12 — PUBLISHING: April 14
25) Minnesota Vikings — DUE: April 13 — PUBLISHING: April 15
26) Miami Dolphins — DUE: April 13 — PUBLISHING: April 15
27) Seattle Seahawks — DUE: April 14 — PUBLISHING: April 16
28) Baltimore Ravens — DUE: April 14 — PUBLISHING: April 16
29) Tennessee Titans — DUE: April 15 — PUBLISHING: April 17
30) Green Bay Packers — DUE: April 15 — PUBLISHING: April 17
31) San Francisco 49ers — DUE: April 18 — PUBLISHING: April 20
32) Kansas City Chiefs — DUE: April 18 — PUBLISHING: April 20
NOTE: Some teams have multiple first round picks. Please specify which pick you want when selecting them. (For example: Dolphins pick No. 5)