The unofficial start of 2020 NFL free agency is scheduled to begin today, Monday, March 16 at 12:00 PM Eastern. In a naive attempt to curb all the illegal tampering that goes on before free agency, the NFL has decided to designate a legal tampering for the eighth year in a row. Actual NFL free agency does not officially begin until Wednesday, March 18 at 4:00 PM Eastern but the “negotiating window” opens today at noon.
Here are the important things to remember regarding legal tampering:
• Agents can negotiate numbers and agree to terms, but players can not actually officially sign contracts. Hence why we sometimes see players back out of deals. (See: Eagles legend Frank Gore.
• Teams can talk to agents, not directly with players.
• Players can’t visit other teams’ facilities.
• The window only applies to unrestricted free agents, not restricted free agents or exclusive-rights free agents.
• It starts today at 12:00 PM Eastern and ends when the new league year officially starts on Wednesday at 4:00 PM Eastern.
The following Philadelphia Eagles players can begin negotiating with other teams (through their representation) at noon today since they’re set to be unrestricted free agents:
CB Ronald Darby
CB Jalen Mills
LT Jason Peters
S Rodney McLeod
WR Nelson Agholor
DE Vinny Curry
RB Jordan Howard
OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai
LB Kamu Grugier-Hill
QB Nate Sudfeld
QB Josh McCown
DT Timmy Jernigan
RB Darren Sproles
TE Richard Rodgers
DT Hassan Ridgeway
The Eagles can also begin negotiating with free agents from other teams starting at noon. Here’s a handy list of 69 players with connections to Philly. You’re welcome to use this thread to discuss any rumors or reports that pop up today. BGN will have the biggest stories covered here at the site, as always.