Somehow, someway we got to rivalry week in college football. Sure a bunch of games got canceled along the way but there are at least some contests happening today. Here are the players to watch.
All times listed are Eastern Standard Time.
- Kardarius Toney, Wide Receiver, Florida v. Kentucky (12 PM, ESPN): While Kyle Pitts and Kyle Trask have stolen headlines, Kardarius Toney has also been a star for the Gators offense. The senior receiver is one of the best players in the country after the catch and he’ll likely see the ball a lot against Kentucky.
- Seth Williams, Wide Receiver, Auburn v. Alabama (3:30 PM, CBS): The Iron Bowl is always must-watch television and Auburn looks to have a great chance in this game given their talented passing game. Going blow for blow with Alabama’s high scoring offense will take a lot of firepower. Look for Seth Williams to spearhead any effort to upset the Tide. He’s been their best receiver this year.
- Pat Surtain II, Cornerback, Alabama v. Auburn (3:30, CBS): Auburn will be airing it out to Seth Williams and Anthony Schwartz for four quarters against Alabama. This gives their too defensive playmaker a great chance to put some more highlights on the reel. Surtain II will need a big game in order to keep Bama unbeaten.
- Paris Ford, Safety, Pittsburgh (3:30 PM, ABC): It always feels like Pittsburgh has one big upset every year and this seems like a good time for them to pull it out. Clemson has been snakebitten all year with Covid infections and cancellations. Now their headed into this game against Pitt and their playmaking defense. Ford is one of the many leaders on the Panthers defense and it will be interesting to see what big moments he can have against the Tigers.
- Eric Stokes, Cornerback, Georgia v. South Carolina (7:30 PM, SECN): While South Carolina has been underwhelming this year, their passing game can still make some noise. Eric Stokes is Georgia’s top defensive back and will be crucial in slowing down Shi Smith and company.