There’s certainly reason to be encouraged about the defensive line. 13 sacks and 33 quarterback hits over the last two games is pretty impressive.
Offensively, though? Big issues still remain there. The Eagles still rank tied for dead last in yards per play. They only rank above both New Jersey teams in offensive points per game. They’re 31st in offensive DVOA.
Jimmy Kempski and I discuss the Eagles’ outlook and much more in this week’s BGN Radio podcast episode. You can [CLICK HERE TO LISTEN] or stream our conversation below:
STATE OF THE TEAM
- Can the Eagles build on their win over the 49ers?
- Checking in on the Carson Wentz concern meter.
- Jordan Mailata ... might he actually be the Eagles’ left tackle of the future?!
- What do the Eagles do at wide receiver? And a quick rant about Justin Jefferson.
- I’ve always said the Genard Avery trade was a good deal.
- Concern in the secondary?
EAGLES VS. STEELERS PREVIEW
- How do the Eagles attack the Steelers’ defense? No, seriously, please tell us. Because it’s not looking so simple.
- What to make of the Steelers’ offense.
- How will the Eagles utilize Darius Slay?
NFL PICKS AGAINST THE SPREAD AND EAGLES PREDICTION
- PATS records so far — BLG: 6-9, Jimmy 8-7
- Eagles pick records so far — BLG: 1-3, Jimmy: 0-3-1
- Rams (-7.5) at Football Team
- Giants at Cowboys (-9.5)
- Eagles at Steelers (-7.5)
Don’t forget to use promo code BGN15 to get 15% off snacks at www.righteousfelon.com! Perfect option for something to munch on during the games.
Support the pod: If you enjoy BGN Radio, please consider leaving a 5-star RATING and REVIEW on Apple podcast. It doesn’t take long and it helps us reach more Eagles fans in the world!
Up next: More Week 5 coverage is coming your way this week.
Make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, follow @BGN_Radio on Twitter.
Check out the new national NFL podcast I’m doing: The ODDcast!