Now that the 2019 Philadelphia Eagles season is over, let’s reflect and discuss how this year should be characterized. Was it a failure? Was it a success? Some thoughts on both sides ...
FAILURE — The Eagles were expected to be legitimate Super Bowl contenders and they didn’t live up to the hype. Howie Roseman put together a win-now team that merely won a bad division with a 9-7 record and lost at home in the first round of the playoffs. To no fault of his own, Carson Wentz didn’t even get to really play much in his first postseason appearance. Questions remain about how this aging roster can be reshaped in the offseason in get back to contender status.
SUCCESS — Doug Pederson and Wentz eliminated doubt that they’re one of the better head coach and quarterback tandems in the NFL. The Eagles showed a lot of resiliency to fight back and win the NFC East after dropping to 5-7. The shift from struggling with older players to succeeding with younger players towards the end of the season should provide a wake up call to the front office.
How should the Eagles’ 2019 season be remembered?
This poll is closed
Both successful and disappointing
Jimmy Kempski and I got together to discuss this and much more in this week’s BGN Radio podcast. You can [CLICK HERE TO LISTEN] or stream our conversation below:
SUBSCRIBE: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
MORE SHOW TOPICS
CLOSING THE BOOK ON EAGLES-SEAHAWKS
- Jadeveon Clowney’s cheap shot an how the game was ruined before it really even got going
- Feeling frustrated for Carson Wentz
- Similar issues popped up: No big play threat, big plays allowed, more injuries, bad drops
- How the front office contributed to the loss: the last three drafts aren’t looking so good, zero snaps for the team’s 2017 second- and third-round picks
- An especially big offseason ahead
- Jim Schwartz on the move? Should the Eagles want him back? (Spoiler: Yes)
- Running though the Eagles’ free agents and other players who might not be back
- Aging roster
- Ranking the team’s five biggest offseason needs
NFC EAST HEAD COACHING HIRES
- Thoughts on Joe Judge, Mike McCarty, and Ron Rivera
NFL PLAYOFF PICKS AGAINST THE SPREAD
- Who cares, really, but we go through them anyway
FINAL THOUGHTS AND MORE!
Reminder: Since we had to create an entirely new podcast feed, we could really use your support. We kindly ask that you SUBSCRIBE, RATE, and REVIEW! Doing so helps us accomplish cool things like becoming a top five podcast in the Apple Podcast store. And that helps us reach more Eagles fans out there in the world!
Up next Stay tuned for more BGN Radio offseason podcasts!
Make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also please follow @BGN_Radio on Twitter.