The Philadelphia Eagles are not playing in this weekend’s NFC Championship Game. Instead, we get the Green Bay Packers and San Francisco 49ers on Sunday afternoon, along with the Chiefs taking on the Tennessee Titans in Kansas City in the AFC title game.
It would have been cool if the Eagles had made it back, but in anticipation of this weekend’s title games, it’s a good time to look back and remember those seasons in which they were lucky enough to make it that far and, in some cases, one step farther.
The Eagles have played seven NFC Championship Games in their history:
- 1980 vs. the Dallas Cowboys
- 2001 at the St. Louis Rams
- 2002 vs. the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- 2003 vs. the Carolina Panthers
- 2004 vs. the Atlanta Falcons
- 2008 at the Arizona Cardinals
- 2017 vs. the Minnesota Vikings
The Eagles are 3-4 in those seven games and, obviously, most of the good moments have come from their wins. But there were some good moments from a couple of their losses that shouldn’t be ignored.
On Episode #8 of BGN Memories, I ran down my personal list of the 10 greatest moments in Eagles NFC Championship Game history (along with the three worst moments).
10. Todd Pinkston TD vs. Rams (2001)
9. Brian Mitchell kickoff return vs. Bucs (2002)
8. Duce Staley TD run vs. Bucs (2002)
7. Derek Barnett strip sack vs. Vikings (2017)
6. DeSean Jackson TD vs. Cardinals (2008)...
...to find out the rest, download and listen to the latest edition of BGN Memories!