By mid-day Sunday, 6 players the Eagles waived ended up being re-signed to the team’s practice squad, plus two others — QB Kyle Lauletta [NYG] and WR Marcus Green [ATL] — from other teams.
Former Eagles DT Bruce Hector was released by the Arizona Cardinals among their final roster cuts, but Philly brought him back as one of their practice squad signings, as well.
Here’s a look at where some recent and not-so-recent former Eagles have landed just a few days ahead of the 2019 regular season opener.
Most recent Eagles players cut
|Josh Adams||RB||Jets Practice Squad|
|Alex Ellis||TE||Eagles Practice Squad|
|Treyvon Hester||DT||Washington Redskins|
|Sua Opeta||OL||Eagles Practice Squad|
|Joshua Perkins||TE||Eagles Practice Squad|
|Orlando Scandrick||CB||Set to workout with Texans|
|Boston Scott||RB||Eagles Practice Squad|
|Alex Singleton||LB||Eagles Practice Squad|
|Wendell Smallwood||RB||Washington Redskins|
|Clayton Thorson||QB||Cowboys Practice Squad|
|Brett Toth||T||Arizona Cardinals|
|Greg Ward||WR||Eagles Practice Squad|
Former Eagles cut or traded
- LB Kiko Alonso was packing his bags even ahead of the Dolphins’ final 53-man roster and had reportedly requested a trade from Miami. He survived final roster cuts, but was eventually traded to the Saints early Sunday.
- Perhaps one of the more surprising cuts of the day was RB LeSean McCoy being released by the Buffalo Bills. But, Shady wasn’t on the market long, and was signed by the Kansas City Chiefs, reconnecting with Andy Reid.
- The Bills also cut SAF Kurt Coleman, but re-signed him on Sunday after placing another player on IR.
- Bad news for the Eagles, WR Jordan Matthews did not end up making the final 53-man roster for the San Francisco 49ers.
- The 49ers also released LB LaRoy Reynolds.
- WR Braxton Miller was picked up by the Cleveland Browns shortly after the Eagles waived him to make room for Josh McCown, but Miller didn’t end up making the final 53-man roster.
- WR Shelton Gibson was signed to the Cleveland Browns practice squad.
- After missing the entire 2018 season to injury, DB Jaylen Watkins made his triumphant return to the field this preseason for the Chargers, but was subsequently one of the players cut.
- Among their many roster moves on Saturday, the Houston Texans released LB BJ Bello.
- WR Torrey Smith survived the final round of roster cuts, but ended up getting cut by the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.
Former Eagles unsigned through the offseason
|Jay Ajayi||RB||Philadelphia Eagles|
|Connor Barwin||LB||New York Giants|
|LaGarrette Blount||RB||Detroit Lions|
|Sam Bradford||QB||Arizona Cardinals|
|Corey Graham||FS||Philadelphia Eagles|
|Kaleb Johnson||T||Philadelphia Eagles|
|Bennie Logan||DT||Tennessee Titans|
|Cody Parkey||PK||Chicago Bears|
|Mike Wallace||WR||Philadelphia Eagles|
|Chance Warmack||G||Philadelphia Eagles|