With all the injuries the Eagles suffered during Sunday Night Football against Atlanta, it’d be nice to have some added depth throughout the offense. But, looking around the league, there aren’t many former players who really stood out this week — particularly on offense.
Former Philly running back Kenjon Barner has found work for the Falcons on special teams, and had 3 punt returns for 12 yards on Sunday against his former squad.
Let’s see how other former Eagles performed in Week 2:
Jordan Hicks makes big impact in Arizona
Hicks was one of those players early in the offseason that was tough to let go of, but he seems to be thriving with his new defense. He was responsible for 14 tackles and 2 QB hits in Week 1, and followed that up with 11 total tackles and 1 pass defended in Week 2.
“I was in position for a lot of plays,” Hicks said, according to the team site. “We’re trying to put it together as a group. I just personally want to continue to try and build my understanding how we are trying to attack. I really like this defense a lot. Plain and simple, I like this defense a lot for a linebacker.”
The linebacker had some trouble staying healthy in Philadelphia the past couple of years, but if he’s able to stay on the field in Arizona, he’ll likely be on his way to a very solid career.
Wendell Smallwood get snaps
The former Eagles running back didn’t get into the Week 1 matchup with his new team, but Washington did use Wendell Smallwood this week against Dallas. He had one carry for 4 yards, along with two receptions for 9 yards, in the contest.
Michael Bennett’s first sack for the Patriots
- Beau Allen had 1 tackle for the Buccaneers — in what was a big win for the team over the Panthers on Thursday Night Football.
- Tight end Trey Burton was back on the field after being sidelined with a mild groin injury in Week 1, and had 2 catches for 5 yards.
- Kiko Alonso had 1 tackle for the Saints in their disastrous loss to the Rams on Sunday.
- After a great regular season opener reunited with Andy Reid, running back LeSean McCoy wasn’t as productive this week, amassing just 23 yards on 11 carries.
- DeAndre Carter is mostly serving the Texans on special teams, and had 1 punt return for 5 yards in Week 2.
- CB Daryl Worley had 7 tackles and a fumble recovery for the Raiders.
- Mychal Kendricks had 3 tackles for the Seahawks.
- Brett Toth was inactive for the Cardinals.