Did not play
DeSean Jackson, Carson Wentz, Nelson Agholor, Mack Hollins, Alshon Jeffery, Shelton Gibson, Ronald Darby, Rodney McLeod, Malcolm Jenkins, Corey Clement, Jalen Mills, Cre’Von LeBlanc, Darren Sproles, Boston Scott, Paul Worrilow, Nigel Bradham, Kamu Grugier-Hill, Brandon Graham, Jason Kelce, Lane Johnson, Jason Peters, Isaac Seumalo, Brandon Brooks, Richard Rodgers, Zach Ertz, Fletcher Cox, Timmy Jernigan, Derek Barnett
As you can see from the list above, the Eagles rested most of their true first team players.
Rookies from the 2019 NFL Draft
Andre Dillard - 33 offense, 3 special teams
Miles Sanders - 6 offense, 3 special teams
JJ Arcega-Whiteside - 29 offense, 9 special teams
Shareef Miller - 46 defense, 2 special teams
Clayton Thorson - 13 offense
UNDRAFTED ROOKIE FREE AGENTS
T.J. Edwards - 55 defense, 13 special teams
Nate Herbig - 24 offense, 3 special teams
Sua Opeta - 24 offense
Kevin Wilkins - 23 defense, 3 special teams
Jay Liggins - 19 defense, 5 defense
DeAndre Thompkins - 18 offense, 8 special teams
Ajene Harris - 17 defense, 3 special teams
Ryan Bates - 13 offense, 3 special teams
Keegan Render - 9 offense, 3 special teams
Nate Sudfeld - 30
Cody Kessler - 14
Clayton Thorson - 13
Players who played the most
- The Eagles mostly avoided playing key players.
- The Eagles gave developmental projects like Mailata and Pryor a lot of reps.
- I’d think the Eagles wouldn’t have gone so heavy on Vaitai’s snaps if they didn’t feel comfortable with Brandon Brooks playing very early in the season. Then again, they did want to get him experience playing at guard for the first time.
- Nate Herbig and Sua Opeta are the undrafted rookie free agents pushing for a reserve offensive line roster spot.
- Doug Pederson said Jordan Howard played because he “wanted to see him live.” One of the rare offensive “starters” to play.
- The Eagles barely playing Miles Sanders shows a confidence in his ability. It’s not like they’re having him out there trying to prove himself.
- T.J. Edwards got a ton of playing time on both defense and special teams. Looks like the Eagles are really giving him a chance to show he belongs.
- Johnathan Cyprien played a good chunk of snaps despite signing with the team only a week ago. Eagles also trying to see what he can do.
Cameron Johnston - 9
Rick Lovato - 9
Jake Elliott - 6