Did not play
Cody Kessler, Jake Elliott, Nate Sudfeld, DeSean Jackson, Carson Wentz, Nelson Agholor, Alshon Jeffery, Josh McCown, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Ronald Darby, Sidney Jones, Rodney McLeod, Jordan Howard, Miles Sanders, Malcolm Jenkins, Avonte Maddox, Corey Clement, Rasul Douglas, Cre’Von LeBlanc, Johnathan Cyprien, Andrew Sendejo, Darren Sproles, Orlando Scandrick, Rudy Ford, Nathan Gerry, Zach Brown, Nigel Bradham, Kamu Grugier-Hill, Brandon Graham, L.J. Fort, Stefen Wisniewski, Jason Kelce, Lane Johnson, Jordan Mailata, Jason Peters, Halapoulivaati Vaitai, Isaac Seumalo, Riley Mayfield, Vinny Curry, Andre Dillard, Brandon Brooks, Richard Rodgers, Zach Ertz, Dallas Goedert, Fletcher Cox, Timmy Jernigan, Derek Barnett, Malik Jackson
- None of the Eagles’ top three picks played (Dillard, Sanders, Arcega-Whiteside). The Eagles clearly view them as important pieces for 2019.
- Cyprien not playing seems to indicate he’s locked up the fourth safety spot.
- Scandrick not playing makes me think the Eagles might just keep him on the 53-man roster despite the speculation they’ll cut him and then bring him back after Week 1. Maybe that’s still the plan and the Eagles were just making sure he’ll be healthy for Week 2 and beyond. But with Darby potentially not playing Week 1, the Eagles might feel like they need to keep Scandrick. Something about Scandrick being close friends with DeSean also makes me feel like the Eagles are not just going to cut the veteran corner but that could easily be a non-factor.
- Ford didn’t play last night due to a lower body injury. Not off to the best start after being traded to Philly in exchange for Bruce Hector last week. Maybe Ford makes the roster anyway?
- Is Wis safe? He shouldn’t be. The Eagles can clear significant cap space by trading or cutting him and it’s clear he can only play guard at this point so he’s not exactly versatile. I’m thinking the Eagles kept Wis out in order to keep him healthy and potentially trade him.
- Doug Pederson said Mailata will undergo more testing on his back injury on Friday morning. It’s unclear just how severe it is. Is Mailata an injured reserve candidate?
- Barnett is among notable players who didn’t take a single preseason snap.
QB: Clayton Thorson
RB: Wendell Smallwood
WR: Mack Hollins
WR: Greg Ward
WR: Marken Michel
TE: Alex Ellis
LT: Matt Pryor
LG: Sua Opeta
C: Nate Herbig
RG: Keegan Render
RT: Brett Toth
DE: Josh Sweat
DT: Treyvon Hester
DT: Hassan Ridgeway
DE: Daeshon Hall
OLB: Alex Singleton
MLB: T.J. Edwards
OLB: Chris Worley
CB: Josh Hawkins
CB: Jeremiah McKinnon
S: Trae Elston
S: Deiondre’ Hall
Rookies from the 2019 NFL Draft
Andre Dillard — Did not play
Miles Sanders — Did not play
JJ Arcega-Whiteside — Did not play
Shareef Miller — 44 defense, 4 special teams
Clayton Thorson — 46 offense
UNDRAFTED ROOKIE FREE AGENTS
T.J. Edwards — 80 defense, 4 special teams
Ajene Harris — 66 defense, 10 special teams
Kevin Wilkins — 52 defense, 6 special teams
Nate Herbig — 46 offense
Sua Opeta — 46 offense
Brett Toth — 46 offense
Keegan Render — 37 offense
DeAndre Thompkins — 20 offense
Players who played the most
Offense: Clayton Thorson, Nate Herbig, Sua Opeta, Brett Toth, Matt Pryor, Marken Michel, Keegan Render, Mack Hollins
Defense: Alex Singleton, T.J. Edwards, Treyvon Hester, Ajene Harris, Sojourn Shelton, Deiondre’ Hall, Trae Elston, Kevin Wilkins, Jason Thompson
Special teams: Trae Elston, Alex Singleton, Kasim Edebali, Greg Ward, Chris Worley, Jeremiah McKinnon
Cameron Johnston - 10
Rick Lovato - 9
- Brett Toth played 100% of the Eagles’ offensive snaps in his NFL debut.
- Matt Pryor played at left tackle after previously playing at guard in other games. I don’t think the Eagles would be working on cross-training him so much if they simply planned to cut him.
- The Eagles seemingly gave Greg Ward a lot of special teams work to prove himself in that area. I still don’t think he makes the team.
- Alex Singleton looked good on both defense and special teams. Will the Eagles keep him over the younger Edwards, though? Singleton’s ready to contribute more in the short-term but Edwards could have more upside.
- Treyvon Hester playing 85% of the snaps in the fourth preseason game doesn’t seem like a great sign for his roster chances. He’s clearly the fifth defensive tackle on the depth chart behind Fletcher Cox, Malik Jackson, Timmy Jernigan, and Hassan Ridgeway. Maybe the Eagles were trying to showcase Hester for a trade?
- I don’t think Trae Elston will make the roster but I feel like he’s had a good preseason based on both defensive and special teams efforts. It’s important to remember the Eagles have never won a Super Bowl WITHOUT Elston being on their regular season roster at one point in the year.
- Curious to see Daeshon Hall played significantly more than Josh Sweat. The Eagles should’ve taken Hall out of the game earlier last night since he’s proven about all he can. He’s been dominant on defense and he’s shown special teams capability dating back to last season. Hall should be the No. 4 defensive end.
- In case you missed it, Johnston attempted a drop kick kickoff during last night’s game. If both Jake Elliot and Kamu Grugier-Hill are hurt, the Eagles could go with Johnston doing this on kickoffs.