Did not play
Nate Sudfeld, Carson Wentz, Ronald Darby, Jordan Howard, Jalen Mills, Cre’Von LeBlanc, Darren Sproles, Asantay Brown, Nigel Bradham, Kamu Grugier-Hill, Lane Johnson, Brett Toth, Brandon Brooks, Richard Rodgers, Charles Johnson, Dallas Goedert, Fletcher Cox, Derek Barnett
The Eagles’ starting offensive line (minus Brooks and Johnson) played 18 snaps. The skill players played a little less than that.
The Eagles’ starting defense played 14 snaps after previously getting a couple drives last week.
Rookies from the 2019 NFL Draft
Andre Dillard - 42 offense, 2 special teams
Miles Sanders - 1 special teams
JJ Arcega-Whiteside - 43 offense, 1 special teams
Shareef Miller - 18 defense
Clayton Thorson - 3 offense
UNDRAFTED ROOKIE FREE AGENTS
Nate Herbig - 39 offense, 2 special teams
T.J. Edwards - 35 defense, 18 special teams
DeAndre Thompkins - 5 offense
Kevin Wilkins - 5 defense
Sua Opeta - 3 offense, 1 special teams
Keegan Render - 3 offense, 1 special teams
Ajene Harris - 2 defense, 3 special teams
Josh McCown - 45
Cody Kessler - 12 too many
Clayton Thorson - 3
Players who played the most
Offense: Jordan Mailata, Josh McCown, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Andre Dillard, Nate Herbig, Matt Pryor, Stefen Wisniewski, Greg Ward, Corey Clement, Mack Hollins
Defense: L.J. Fort, Jeremiah McKinnnon, Josh Hawkins, Hassan Ridgeway, Treyvon Hester, T.J. Edwards, Deiondre’ Hall, Johnathan Cyprien
Special teams: Kasim Edebali, T.J. Edwards, Johnathan Cyprien, Carlton Agudosi, Tre Sullivan
- Jordan Mailata’s snap count percentages through preseason games: 100%, 100%, and 93%. The team is clearly trying to have him soak up reps while he can since he won’t have the chance in the regular season.
- Josh McCown played 45 snaps just several days after preparing to begin the season as an ESPN analyst.
- Nate Herbig and T.J. Edwards are clearly the undrafted rookie free agents with the best chance of making the 53-man roster. The Eagles are giving them lots of playing time to prove themselves.
- Good to see Corey Clement was able to handle 35 offensive snaps in his first game back from injury.
- Alex Singleton’s had a nice summer but Edwards appears to be ahead of him on the depth chart, especially when you look at that special teams snap disparity (18 to five).
- Rasul Douglas and Sidney Jones were the starting outside corners in base defense with Avonte Maddox coming off the field.
- A little curious that Wendell Smallwood didn’t get any offensive playing time. Maybe he would’ve played if the game wasn’t cut short but it’s still somewhat odd he didn’t get any work earlier on.
- The Eagles clearly saw enough out of Miles Sanders to not further risk injury to him in the preseason. He fielded the opening kickoff return before calling it a night.