In case you missed it, every year Benjamin Solak & I utilize the “dead zone” of the offseason to take stock of the major contenders around the NFC. That’s why you’re getting Los Angeles Rams analysis in your favorite Eagles’ website. Don’t worry your pretty little heads off, it’s only temporary.
In case you missed it, we’ve also provided in-depth analysis of the other teams in the NFC East. You can find those here:
There’s so much to cover with the Rams that we had to split up their installment into two parts. One for offense, and the next for both defense and final predictions. I also solicited help from Evan Silva of Establish the Run for a BGN Radio Special to break down the Rams along with roughly eleven other teams around the league. You can listen to that chat with Silva on the media player below (or click here) and get our thoughts on over/under win totals for those teams.
On The Kist & Solak Show #107, we continue to break down the Rams and I state my case for their regression. There are five major factors that I’ve outlined that point to a less successful season for Sean McVay & Company:
1. Injury luck. They’ve been the healthiest team over the past 3 years.
2. They have roughly 2,500 snaps to replace on the offensive line.
3. Defenses cracked the code to the McVay offense last year, whether he can fully adjust remains to be seen.
4. Close games. 6-1 in one score games, 4-0 in games by a field goal or less. History tells you that those results are more prone to fluctuate from year-to-year.
5. Depth, depth, depth. They’re not built to survive significant injuries to major contributors.
We dig more into the defense and the issues highlight above on The Kist & Solak Show #107. Listen on the media player below or click here if the player doesn’t load. New to podcasts? Check out our guide on how to listen to BGN! FLY EAGLES FLY!