Last week’s FanPulse story was about how Philadelphia Eagles fans are among the most optimistic in the NFL heading into 2019. That notion was only confirmed in the latest FanPulse survey, which asked fans if their favorite team will go over or under their 2019 projected win total.
As it turns out, a whopping 99% of Eagles fans polled took the over on 9.5 wins in 2019.
Double digit wins are a clear expectation for this year’s squad.
It’s not an unreasonable goal. The Eagles have one of the most talented rosters in the league. In theory, at the very least least, they have one of the best quarterback and head coach combinations. The pieces are in place. It’s just a matter of execution.
Offseason optimism isn’t unique to the Philly faithful. Look at these other results:
- 98% of Colts fans are taking the over on 9.5 wins
- 96% of Chargers fans are taking the over on 9.5 wins
- 96% of Seahawks fans are taking the over on 8.5 wins
- 96% of Bills fans are taking the over on 6.5 wins
- 95% of Rams fans are taking the over on 10.5 wins
- 95% of Bears fans are taking the over on 9 wins
- 92% of Saints fans are taking the over on 10.5 wins
Not every fan base is feeling quite as great. Took a look at the NFC East, for example:
- 85% of Washington fans are taking the over on 6.5 wins
- 78% of Cowboys fans are taking the over on 9 wins
- 48% of Giants fans are taking the over on 6 wins
Washington fans have some confidence but their projected win total is also on the low side. Cowboys fans and Giants supporters clearly have some skepticism about the outlook of their teams.
High expectations can be dangerous. There’s a lot of room for disappointment if the Eagles don’t deliver on their promise. But it’s not like these expectations are totally baseless. There’s reason to have hope.
It won’t be long before we see if the optimism was misguided or not.
Once again, sign up HERE to join FanPulse.