The BGN Community Mock Draft is back! After a very successful run over the past several years, we’re doing it again this offseason. The actual 2019 NFL Draft start date, April 25, is just around the corner, so we’re ready to begin VERY soon. Please make sure to check out the rules below.
In 2018, BGN member I Need a Username finished as champion with a 95% approval rating for taking Bradley Chubb with the No. 6 overall pick. In honor of this great accomplishment, I Need a Username will own the rightful claim to pick No. 25 for the Philadelphia Eagles this year.
BGN member 20Safety_Hazards was the only person to correctly predict their team’s pick last season, so I’m giving them the selection of any non-Eagles team. 20Safety_Hazards will be taking the Jacksonville Jaguars at No. 7.
We will be carrying last year’s new twist to this year’s community mock draft as well. I’ll still be including a poll in each pick post that allows everyone to vote for who THEY would pick for that given team. This way we’ll end up with two final mocks: one from the 32 individual users, and one from the community of voters.
Who will be the individual winner in 2019? It’s anyone’s guess, but you have to play to win so get those keyboards ready. There are only 30 spots up for grabs.
REMINDER: Picking teams doesn’t start until FRIDAY, March 29 at 1:00 PM Eastern Time. This is just a “HEADS UP” post to give everyone a fair shot at getting their team of choice.
READ THE RULES
- Just like in the past, this year’s process will start at a specific time: Friday, March 29 at 1:00 PM ET, to be exact. If you want to be assigned to a pick, just comment in the post that will appear on the front page at that time. Make sure to include TWO things:
1) The team you want
2) The email address where I can reach you immediately after the pick claiming is done
TO REPEAT: ONCE YOUR PICK IS CLAIMED AND CONFIRMED by me in the official chart, I will contact you at the email address you provide. Mine is PE-BGN(at)mail(dot)com. Please keep checking your email so that we can instantly get the process moving. If you do not receive an email invitation to the Google doc from me after I have confirmed your pick in the chart (give me like 90 minutes at least), please contact me ASAP.
- Teams will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. HOWEVER, you must have at least 300 comments or have been a member of BGN since January 1st, 2019 in order to participate. (Note: this is a loose guideline more than a hard rule. Exceptions will be made as I see necessary.)
- There are only 31 slots open this year, so if you want a pick, don’t wait around! You can only pick one team/selection.
- The first two selections will be posted to the front page on Monday, April 1. If you have the Arizona Cardinals (No. 1) and San Francisco 49ers (No. 2), be prepared to email me your picks ASAP. Again: my e-mail is PE-BGN(at)mail(dot)com.
- Everyone’s pick will be due to me at least TWO DAYS before the pick is published on BGN’s front page. The exact schedule for when picks are due can be seen in the list at the bottom of this post.
- Two picks will be posted every business day (Monday through Friday, no weekends) until we reach the end of our mock draft, which, conveniently enough, should coincide with the beginning of draft week.
- Standard fanpost etiquette applies - meaning please make your pick explanations at least 150 words long and try to use big boy sentences. Punctuation is also appreciated.
- If you want some examples of how the picks went down in previous years, [click here] and [here] and [here] and [here] and [here] and [here].
- The winner of the mock (and the recipient of next year’s Eagles pick) will be determined by a community approval rating poll placed on each article. Don’t forget to vote!
- No trades - sorry.
Keep an eye out for the selection post TOMORROW (Friday, March 29, 1:00 PM ET). Best of luck to everyone! Let’s have fun.
See below for when picks will publish. (Again, your explanation due date is two days before publish date.)
1) Arizona Cardinals: April 1
2) San Francisco 49ers: April 1
3) New York Jets: April 2
4) Oakland Raiders: April 2
5) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: April 3
6) New York Giants: April 3
7) Jacksonville Jaguars: April 4
8) Detroit Lions: April 4
9) Buffalo Bills: April 5
10) Denver Broncos: April 5
11) Cincinnati Bengals: April 8
12) Green Bay Packers April 8
13) Miami Dolphins: April 9
14) Atlanta Falcons: April 9
15) Washington Redskins: April 10
16) Carolina Panthers: April 10
17) New York Giants: April 11
18) Minnesota Vikings: April 11
19) Tennessee Titans: April 12
20) Pittsburgh Steelers: April 12
21) Seattle Seahawks: April 15
22) Baltimore Ravens: April 15
23) Houston Texans: April 16
24) Oakland Raiders: April 16
25) Philadelphia Eagles: April 17
26) Indianapolis Colts: April 17
27) Oakland Raiders: April 18
28) Los Angeles Chargers: April 18
29) Kansas City Chiefs: April 19
30) Green Bay Packers: April 19
31) Los Angeles Rams: April 22
32) New England Patriots: April 22
NOTE: Some teams have multiple first round picks. Please specify which pick you want when selecting them. (For example: Raiders pick No. 4)