The unofficial start of 2019 NFL free agency begins today, Monday, March 11 at 12:00 PM Eastern. In an (unsuccessful) attempt to curb all the illegal tampering that goes on before free agency, the NFL has decided to designate a window for legal tampering for the seventh year in a row. Actual NFL free agency does not officially begin until Wednesday, March 13 at 4:00 PM ET, but a “negotiating period” or “legal tampering period” as it’s come to be known begins today at noon.
Here are the important things to know regarding this 2-day negotiating window:
• Agents can negotiate numbers, but not actually officially sign a deal (See: Frank Gore)
• Teams can talk to agents, not directly with players
• Players can’t visit teams (except their own)
• Only applies to unrestricted free agents, not restricted free agents or exclusive-rights free agents
• Starts today at 12:00 PM ET and ends when the new league year officially starts on Wednesday at 4:00 PM ET
The following Philadelphia Eagles players can begin negotiating with other teams (through their representation) at noon today since they’re set to be unrestricted free agents:
The Eagles can also begin negotiating with free agents starting at noon. Here’s a handy list of 52 players with connections to Philly. Use this open thread to discuss any rumors or reports that pop up today. BGN will have the biggest stories covered here at the site, as always.
LIVE TWITTER FEED
(Note: if the Twitter feed isn’t showing up for you, click here.)