This Sunday — February 3, 2019 — is going to be a very sad day.
Millions of people around the world are going to be watching a football game that they think actually matters. The reality is: it doesn’t.
In fact, somewhere from 41 to 33 of my sources say that the Philadelphia Eagles’ win over the Patriots in February 2018 was the only Super Bowl that ever mattered.
Now, look. The NFL has too much at stake to actually admit I’m right here. They’re going to pretend like this year’s Super Bowl still matters. But it just doesn’t.
Anyway, John Stolnis and I discussed this and much more in the latest episode of BGN Radio.
Other show topics include:
- Thoughts on the Eagles keeping Rodney McLeod thanks to a reworked contract
- What to make of this week’s “free and clear” Nick Foles report
- Will Chris Long be back in 2019? Should the Eagles bring him back? (Spoiler: Yes)
- Terrible news for the Eagles as the Cowboys decided to not extend Jason Garrett’s contract
- Playing stay or go with the Eagles’ free agents: Should the Eagles keep Brandon Graham, and will they? Golden Tate? Ronald Darby? Darren Sproles? Others?
- Briefly talking about the Super Bowl that doesn’t matter ... and making picks
- BLG gets fired up about which Super Bowl team you should be rooting against
Does the 2019 Super Bowl matter?
This poll is closed
Also be sure to check out John Stolnis’ BGN Memories podcast on the only Super Bowl that has ever mattered: Super Bowl LII.
Reminder: Since we were forced to create an entirely new podcast feed, we could really use your support. We kindly ask that you SUBSCRIBE, RATE, and REVIEW! Doing so helps us accomplish cool things like becoming a top five podcast in the Apple Podcast store. And that helps us reach more Eagles fans out there in the world.
Up next: Stay tuned for some more Eagles offseason talk!