In order to preview this Week 11 matchup and talk about the overall state of the Eagles, I got together with PhillyVoice’s Jimmy Kempski for the latest BGN Radio podcast. You can [CLICK HERE TO LISTEN] or stream our conversation below:
STATE OF THE EAGLES
- What’s your confidence level in the team heading into their final seven games? Are you feeling better or worse about the Eagles after their bye?
- To what extent are there legitimate reasons for optimism? And to what extent are people feeling better simply because we’re further removed from the Eagles’ struggles?
- Jimmy says there’s “no excuse” for the Eagles not to win the NFC East.
“It’s all right in front of the Eagles to steal this division after a disappointing first half of the season. The Birds should be getting some players back from injury, and some others already playing through pain should be healing up. There’s no excuse not to get it done.”
- The good news and bad news with injuries. It’s not just the players who’ve been on the injury report who could stand to benefit from the bye.
- Takeaways from the Eagles’ assistant coach media session, including what to make of Carson Walch’s comments.
- Snake drafting the players the Eagles need to step up the most down the stretch. Carson Wentz and Fletcher Cox are the obvious picks at the top of the order. Wentz might need to turn on God Mode (like he did against the Falcons) and drag the team to victory against all odds. Cox needs to be the All Pro version of himself. Who are the top picks after those two?
EAGLES VS. PATRIOTS PREVIEW
- The Pats have had the second easiest schedule in the league.
- Patriots offense vs. Eagles defense matchups: Best way to limit Tom Brady, Patriots offensive line vulnerability, Jim Schwartz’s troubling history against Bill Belichick.
- Patriots defense vs. Eagles offense matchups: The importance of Carson Wentz’s ball security, the offensive player Belichick will be looking to take away (spoiler: not Nelson Agholor), another week of the Eagles establishing the run.
- A Patriots special teams factor to keep in mind.
NFL PICKS AGAINST THE SPREAD AND EAGLES PREDICTION
- Cowboys (-4.5) at Lions ... and a story about Jeff Driskel
- Jets at Washington (-1) ... Dwayne Haskins starting the rest of the year
- Giants on the bye but some quick Daniel Jones thoughts
- Patriots (-3.5) at Eagles
- Final thoughts and more!
Reminder: Since we had to create an entirely new podcast feed, we could really use your support. We kindly ask that you SUBSCRIBE, RATE, and REVIEW! Doing so helps us accomplish cool things like becoming a top five podcast in the Apple Podcast store. And that helps us reach more Eagles fans out there in the world.
Up next Stay tuned for more Eagles vs. Patriots preview coverage this week with The Kist and Solak Show and the Babes On Broad! Also don’t forget to check out the Eagles vs. Pats postgame show after Sunday’s game.
Make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also please follow @BGN_Radio on Twitter.