There are plenty of reasons why Philadelphia Eagles fans should want to see both of these teams lose this game. Unfortunately, that’s not possible, so let’s take a look at which side is the lesser of two evils.
WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT AGAINST THE RAMS
- Sean McVay is overrated. This hype is harmful as it has previously come at the expense of Doug Pederson, who was robbed of winning Coach of the Year in 2017. (Pederson is 2-0 against McVay, by the way.)
- Jared Goff winning a Super Bowl will undoubtedly be held against Carson Wentz, which is dumb for a number of reasons. One of them being that Goff has stunk in the playoffs.
- The Eagles being the only team to beat the Patriots in New England’s last four Super Bowl appearances could make last year’s win feel more special. The Eagles could potentially be the last team to ever beat the Pats in the Super Bowl.
- The Patriots winning another Super Bowl feels like exactly like that: just another Super Bowl win. OK, they won again, who cares?
- Maybe Tom Brady and/or Bill Belichick decide to retire if they win another Super Bowl. I wouldn’t count on it but ... maybe?
- The Rams are an NFC team. They’re just a bigger rival to the Eagles than an AFC team they play once every four years.
WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT AGAINST THE PATRIOTS
- The Patriots are detestable cheaters. How could you not enjoy seeing them lose?
- Rams safety John Johnson III trolled the Saints in the NFC Championship Game because he didn’t like how New Orleans taunted the Eagles. Hard not to root for him now.
- Having defeated Los Angeles in Week 15, the Eagles will be able to say they beat the 2019 Super Bowl champions.
I’m trying to approach the game like this: I’m going to find some level of joy no matter what team loses. I’m going to make that my focus coming out of the game. Personally, I just find the ridiculous McVay hype much more annoying than the Patriots winning another title.
Vote in the poll and give us your reasoning in the comments below.
Which team should Eagles fans be rooting AGAINST in Super Bowl LIII?
This poll is closed