Eagles fans will always remember how petty and sad Vikings fans were following Philadelphia’s 38-7 win over Minnesota in the 2018 NFC Championship Game.
But it appears Vikings fans might not be the saddest fan base anymore. Saints fans are giving them a real run for their money following New Orleans’ loss to the Los Angeles Rams in the 2019 NFC Championship Game.
To be fair, Saints fans have a much more legit gripe than Vikings fans did. NFL refs missed an obvious pass interference (and/or helmet-to-helmet penalty, take your pick) that likely would’ve allowed New Orleans to beat L.A. in regulation. Still, the Saints did have a very real opportunity to win that game in spite of poor officiating after getting the ball first in overtime. That is, until Drew Brees threw an interception.
Much like Vikings fans couldn’t get over losing to the Eagles, it’s clear that Saints fans can’t get over losing to the Rams. It’s almost like the fan bases were meant for each other. Let’s compare and contrast to determine fan base is the saddest.
2018 VIKINGS FANS
- Threatening to beat up Eagles fans attending Super Bowl LII in Minnesota
- Planning to falsely imprison Eagles fans via ridesharing services
- Buying tickets to Super Bowl media night to boo during Eagles press conferences
- Petitioning the NFL to refund tickets for Vikings fans who attended the game in Philly
- Complaining about their NFC Championship Game loss more than two months after it happened
- Crazy conspiracy theories:
Omg (h/t @brian_jenks) pic.twitter.com/ishm313LgG— Brandon Lee Gowton (@BrandonGowton) March 25, 2018
2019 SAINTS FANS
- Planning to throw a Super Bowl parade for the Saints anyway (LOL)
- Putting up bitter billboards
- Suing the NFL to have the 2019 NFC Championship Game restarted
Damages in Saints ticket holder lawsuit against the Roger Goodell & the NFL include:— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) January 22, 2019
Mental anguish & emotional trauma
Loss of faith in the NFL
Loss of enjoyment of life
Loss of entertainment
Distrust of the game
So, what do you think?
Which fan base is sadder?
This poll is closed
2018 Vikings fans
2019 Saints fans