QB: Carson Wentz, Nick Foles, Nate Sudfeld
RB: Jay Ajayi, Darren Sproles, Corey Clement, Wendell Smallwood
WR: Alshon Jeffery, Shelton Gibson
WR: Mike Wallace, Mack Hollins, DeAndre Carter
WR: Nelson Agholor, DeAndre Carter
TE: Zach Ertz, Dallas Goedert, Richard Rodgers, Joshua Perkins
LT: Jason Peters, Halapoulivaati Vaitai, Jordan Mailata
LG: Stefen Wisniewski, Chance Warmack
C: Jason Kelce, Isaac Seumalo
RG: Brandon Brooks, Matt Pryor
RT: Lane Johnson, Halapoulivaati Vaitai
DE: Derek Barnett, Michael Bennett
DT: Haloti Ngata, Destiny Vaeao
DT: Fletcher Cox, Bruce Hector
DE: Brandon Graham, Chris Long, Josh Sweat
OLB: Nathan Gerry, LaRoy Reynolds
MLB: Jordan Hicks, Nathan Gerry
OLB: Kamu Grugier-Hill, D.J. Alexander
CB: Jalen Mills, Sidney Jones, Avonte Maddox
CB: Ronald Darby, Rasul Douglas
S: Rodney McLeod, Corey Graham
S: Malcolm Jenkins, Tre Sullivan
P: Cameron Johnston
K: Jake Elliott
H: Cameron Johnston
LS: Rick Lovato
PR: Darren Sproles, Corey Clement, Nelson Agholor
KR: Shelton Gibson, Corey Clement, Wendell Smallwood
- No real surprises on offense.
- If preseason is any indication, Seumalo is actually the top backup at both guard spots in addition to being directly behind Kelce on the depth chart.
- Carter is the direct backup to Agholor in the slot. He’s a deeper reserve at outside receiver.
- Mailata is listed as the third string left tackle but I’d think Seumalo and Pryor would get time at tackle before he does. Especially if the Eagles need someone to fill in at right tackle, considering Mailata has only been learning the left side.
- It’s worth noting how Ngata is ahead of Vaeao. The latter was taking a lot of first team reps throughout the offseason, but it appears the veteran has rightfully pulled ahead. The Eagles’ DT depth is looking kind of thin which helps to explain why the Eagles tried to claim some defensive linemen via waivers.
- Both Grugier-Hill and Gerry are listed as starters with Nigel Bradham suspended for Week 1. Gerry told Jimmy Kempski that Philadelphia’s linebacker rotation is going to be matchup-based. With that said, Grugier-Hill looks like the starting WILL here, which makes sense because he’s stood out more than Gerry.
- New linebacker D.J. Alexander was acquired for his special teams skills but the 6-2, 233 pounder also provides depth at WILL.
- Sidney Jones will be the “starter” in the slot but that doesn’t mean he’ll be the only guy to man that position. Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz had the following to say about the nickel position: “That’s not going to be just one person goes in and puts a slot hat on and he’s out there all the time.” Maybe we’ll see Avonte Maddox get some time in there based on certain matchups. Malcolm Jenkins could also be shifted down to face big slot types.
- I’d imagine Tre Sullivan might get cut once newly acquired Eagles defensive back Deiondre’ Hall is activated from his suspension on Friday.
- The Eagles’ kick returner spot is listed differently than it was back in August. Gibson appears to be the starter there now. During the preseason, Gibson had six returns for 174 yards (29.0 average) and a long of 46 yards. Gibson doesn’t lack the speed to break one big.