None of the Eagles who were cut ahead of the roster deadline on Saturday ended up being claimed off waivers. By early Sunday afternoon, 10 had been re-signed to the team’s practice squad, and others — like Steven Means — are still looking for somewhere to sign.
Here’s a look at where some recent and not-so-recent former Eagles have landed just a few days ahead of the 2018 regular season opener.
Most recent Eagles players cut
|Christian Hackenberg||QB||Bengals (practice squad)|
Former Super Bowl-winning Eagles cut (and traded)
- Kenjon Barner, RB — Panthers
Josh Andrews, C — Vikings
The center was cut by Minnesota after suffering an injury during the preseason, and lack of need with Pat Elflein returning from injury for the Vikings.
Mychal Kendricks, LB — Browns
The linebacker was cut by the Browns earlier in the week after he was indicted on federal charges or insider trading. So not really football related, but still worth noting.
Marcus Johnson, WR — Seahawks
The wide receiver had a notable preseason with Seattle, and ended up being traded to the Colts in exchange for TE Darrell Daniels.
Former Eagles who made their new rosters
|Beau Allen||DT||Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|LaGarrette Blount||RB||Detroit Lions|
|Trey Burton||TE||Chicago Bears|
|Vinny Curry||DE||Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|Najee Goode||LB||Indianapolis Colts|
|Patrick Robinson||CB||New Orleans Saints|
|Torrey Smith||WR||Carolina Panthers|
|Caleb Sturgis||K||Los Angeles Chargers|
|Daryl Worley||CB||Oakland Raiders|
Other notable former Eagles on the move
- Matt Barkley, QB — Cincinnati Bengals placed the quarterback on IR with a knee injury.
- Terrell Watson, RB — Chargers cut the rusher, who had one of the best stories in Philly during the 2016 season.
- Matt Tobin, OG — Patriots released the guard after he spent the 2017 with the Seahawks.
- Paul Turner, WR — The Patriots also released the former Eagles wideout ahead of the roster deadline.