The official snap counts from the Philadelphia Eagles’ 37-20 preseason loss to the New England Patriots are in. Let’s take a look.
Did not play
Carson Wentz, Brandon Graham, Alshon Jeffery, Timmy Jernigan, Chris Maragos, Nelson Agholor, Jason Peters, Darren Sproles, Corey Clement, Donnel Pumphrey, Josh Adams, Mack Hollins, Markus Wheaton, Anthony Mahoungou, Christian Hackenberg, Chandon Sullivan, Asantay Brown, Adam Reth.
The Eagles’ first team offense played about 21 snaps. The first team defense played about 25 snaps.
Rookies from the 2018 NFL Draft
Dallas Goedert - 59 offense, 7 special teams
Avonte Maddox - 30 defense, 19 special teams
Josh Sweat - 26 defense
Matt Pryor - 54 offense, 3 special teams
Jordan Mailata - 4 offense, 2 special teams
UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT SIGNINGS
Jeremy Reaves - 33 defense, 13 special teams
Bruce Hector - 22 defense, 3 special teams
Joe Ostman - 22 defense, 8 special teams
Danny Ezechukwu - 12 defense
Toby Weathersby - 11 offense, 2 special teams
Kyle Wilson - 8 defense, 7 special teams
Tim Wilson - 4 offense, 1 special teams
Aaron Evans - 4 offense
Stephen Roberts - 3 defense, 6 special teams
Anthony Mahoungou - 0 (healthy scratch)
Adam Reth - 0 (healthy scratch)
Josh Adams - Inactive
Asantay Brown - Inactive
Chandon Sullivan - Inactive
Nate Sudfeld - 57
Nick Foles - 18
Joe Callahan - 4
Christian Hackenberg - 0
Players who played the most
Offense: Halapoulivaati Vaitai, Dallas Goedert, Nate Sudfeld, Matt Pryor, Chance Warmack, Isaac Seumalo, Taylor Hart, DeAndre Carter, Shelton Gibson, Bryce Treggs
Defense: Tre Sulivan, Sidney Jones, De’Vante Bausby, Rasul Douglas, Jeremy Reaves, Kamu Grugier-Hill, Avonte Maddox.
Special teams: Tre Sullivan, Avonte Maddox, Joe Walker, Kamu Grugier-Hill, Rasul Douglas, Nate Gerry, LaRoy Reynolds, Wendell Smallwood
- Sidney Jones played the second most snaps of any Eagles defender. He got some snaps at both nickel cornerback and as a boundary player. Jones was up and down in his playing time but it was good to see him get some experience under his belt. Keep in mind this is the most he’s ever played at the NFL level.
- Tons of playing time for Nate Sudfeld, who looked good last night, as well.
- Nice to see Dallas Goedert getting a lot of playing time despite the fact he lost his arm last weekend. Seems like that won’t be an issue for him.
- Avonte Maddox took some snaps with the first team. He had a nice pass breakup on a throw to Eric Decker at one point.
- Seems like the Eagles really trust Matt Pryor considering how much playing time the sixth-round pick got.
- Halapoulivaati Vaitai did not have a good night. Kind of interesting to see the Eagles make him play through almost the entire game.
- DeAndre Carter took the most snaps of any Eagles receiver. He had a few moments where he stood out in a good way.
- With Stephen Roberts getting carted off, more playing time opened up for Jeremy Reaves.
- Josh Perkins only got in on special teams before getting hurt.
- Jordan Mailata didn’t get much of a chance to do much.