The official snap counts from the Philadelphia Eagles’ 31-14 preseason loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers are finally in. Let’s take a look.
Did not play
Carson Wentz, Nick Foles, Alshon Jeffery, Timmy Jernigan, Brandon Graham, Chris Maragos, Mike Wallace, Darren Sproles, Jason Peters, Corey Graham, Donnel Pumphrey, Matt Jones, Markus Wheaton, Asantay Brown, Ian Park.
The Eagles’ first team offense played about 15 snaps. The first team defense played about six snaps.
Rookies from the 2018 NFL Draft
Dallas Goedert - 30 offense, 8 special teams
Avonte Maddox - 34 defense, 16 special teams
Josh Sweat - 31 defense
Matt Pryor - 27 offense, 1 special teams
Jordan Mailata - 32 offense, 3 special teams
UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT SIGNINGS
Josh Adams - 16 offense, 14 special teams
Stephen Roberts - 44 defense, 16 special teams
Jeremy Reaves - 32 defense, 12 special teams
Joe Ostman - 27 defense, 9 special teams
Bruce Hector - 20 defense, 2 special teams
Toby Weathersby - 20 offense, 2 special teams
Chandon Sullivan - 15 defense, 5 special teams
Kyle Wilson - 12 defense, 2 special teams
Tim Wilson - 12 offense, 6 special teams
Anthony Mahoungou - 8 offense, 1 special teams
Aaron Evans - 20 offense
Danny Ezechukwu - 17 defense
Adam Reth - 3 defense
Nate Sudfeld - 30
Joe Callahan - 32
Players who played the most
Offense: Bryce Treggs, Jordan Mailata, Joe Callahan, Dallas Goedert, Halapoulivaati Vaitai, Nate Sudfeld, Isaac Seumalo
Defense: Tre Sullivan, Rasul Douglas, De’Vante Bausby, Stephen Roberts, Elijah Qualls, Avonte Maddox, Steven Means
Special teams: Corey Nelson, Joe Walker, Tre Sullivan, Stephen Roberts, Avonte Maddox, Rasul Douglas, Josh Adams
- Lots of playing time for the rookies, which is always good to see.
- Stephen Roberts outsnapping fellow undrafted free agent Jeremy Reaves is mildly interesting. I think most would assume Reaves is ahead of Roberts but it looks like that might not be the case.
- Josh Adams got a decent amount of playing on special teams. He can help his roster chances by shining on Dave Fipp’s unit.
- I don’t even remember seeing Corey Nelson on Thursday night but apparently he played the most special teams snaps of anyone on the team.
- The Eagles really threw Jordan Mailata into the fire. Only Bryce Treggs played more offensive snaps than he did.
- Josh Perkins outsnapped Billy Brown at tight end. Perkins played 11 offensive snaps and 12 special teams snaps to Brown’s nine and six, respectively. Looks like Perkins might be ahead of Brown on the depth chart.
Cameron Johnston - 10 special teams
Rick Lovato - 10 special teams
Jake Elliott - 5 special teams