Here’s a look at the top 15 overall player from the defending Super Bowl champions’ roster.
1: Malcolm Jenkins - 94
2: Brandon Brooks - 93
3: Fletcher Cox - 93
4: Brandon Graham - 93
5: Jason Kelce - 92
6: Zach Ertz - 91
7: Lane Johnson - 91
8: Jason Peters - 91
9: Alshon Jeffery - 90
10: Michael Bennett - 88
11: Jay Ajayi - 86
12: Ronald Darby - 86
13: Carson Wentz - 86
14: Nigel Bradham - 85
15: Nelson Agholor - 84
- Carson Wentz not a top 10 Eagle? Who made these ratings? Was it David Carr? How the heck is the guy who could’ve won MVP last year tied with Ajayi and Darby?
- Nine other quarterbacks rank ahead of Wentz in the game: Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger, Andrew Luck (lol), and Philip Rivers.
- Seven out of the top 10 players are linemen. Build through the trenches, baby.
- Jenkins is a great player and I’d hardly argue to lower his ranking. But he’s not who I would’ve expected to be the Eagles’ No. 1 overall guy.
Now let’s look at the rating in terms of starting lineups.
QB: Carson Wentz - 86
RB: Jay Ajayi - 86
WR: Alshon Jeffery - 90
WR: Nelson Agholor - 84
WR: Mike Wallace - 83
TE: Zach Ertz - 91
LT: Jason Peters - 91
LG: Stefen Wisniewski - 79
C: Jason Kelce - 92
RG: Brandon Brooks - 93
RT: Lane Johnson - 91
Notable backups: Darren Sproles - 83, Nick Foles - 80, Corey Clement - 77, Dallas Goedert - 77, Mack Hollins - 71, Halapoulivaati Vaitai - 71, Chance Warmack - 70, Isaac Seumalo - 65
- The offense is in pretty good shape. Wis at left guard is the only real “weakness.”
- Wallace is a five point upgrade over Torrey Smith, who is rated 78 overall now on the Panthers’ roster.
- Foles is a mere one point better than Sam Bradford.
- I have a feeling Clement’s rating is bound to increase during the season updates.
- Big V is hilariously listed as “Hal Vaitai” for his official name.
- Look at how far Isaac Seumalo has fallen.
DE: Michael Bennett - 88
DT: Tim Jernigan - 83
DT: Fletcher Cox - 93
DE: Brandon Graham - 93
OLB: Nigel Bradham - 85
MLB: Jordan Hicks - 81
OLB: Nathan Gerry - 70
CB: Ronald Darby - 86
CB: Jalen Mills - 81
SS: Malcolm Jenkins - 94
FS: Rodney McLeod - 81
Notable backups: Chris Long - 81, Derek Barnett - 80, Haloti Ngata - 80, Sidney Jones - 77, Kamu Grugier-Hill 70, Corey Nelson - 70, Rasul Douglas - 75, Avonte Maddox - 69, De’Vante Bausby - 65
- The defensive line is stacked. Even if you take out Jernigan, who is expected to miss time, Ngata is still right there as an 80. Long and Barnett are really strong depth pieces.
- Bennett is a five point upgrade on Vinny Curry, who is rated at 83 now on the Buccaneers’ roster.
- Looks like Madden doesn’t have a real favorite for the WILL job. Gerry, Grugier-Hill, and Nelson are all rated the same. Paul Worrilow is listed as a 72 but I didn’t include him since he’s on injured reserve. For those wondering, Mychal Kendrick is an 82. #ShouldOfKept!
- Jones is the favorite for the nickel job. No love for spring practice standout De’Vante Bausby!
- I feel like someone’s going to argue Darby is rated too high. I preemptively disagree.
K: Jake Elliott - 81
LS: Rick Lovato - 43
- Welp, Cameron Johnston isn’t even on the Madden roster. The Eagles don’t have a punter! I guess it’s up to Elliott?
- Lovato is officially listed as a tight end. He’s the lowest rated player on the roster. Demi must be annoyed.