Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
The Dolphins roster is full of holes on both sides of the ball. Miami used free agency to upgrade their offense across the board. Some of the notable signings were WRs Albert Wilson and Danny Amendola, G Josh Sitton and (almost an Eagle) RB Frank Gore. This still leaves Miami in a desperate need of help on the defensive side of the ball.
With that being said QB Josh Allen was still available and considering Miami’s current QB situation, I think the Dolphins would certainly gave Allen a thought at 11. Personally I do not fancy Allen as an early first round pick. My guess is Miami will roll the dice one more season with QB Ryan Tannehill and pray that his season does not drown in a sea of injuries once more.
My pick fell on: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia.
Roquan is a sideline-to-sideline defender with rare closing speed and excellent instincts. The one major flaw to his game is his lack of ability to shed blocks. Roquan gets overpowered to easily by bigger offensive linemen and generally has a hard time when opposing offences decides to run directly at him. To avoid shedding a bunch of blocks and to maximize Roquan’s rare abilities he will most likely play the weak-side linebacker position in the NFL. Roquan’s ability to track and run down plays on the other side off the field is absolutely tremendous. He is a natural born leader who made a series of crucial plays in Georgia’s run to the National Championship Game.
The bottom line is that the Miami Dolphins need to get better all around but especially on the defensive side of the ball and I believe Roquan could be a household name for Miami in many years to come.
Do you approve of this pick?
This poll is closed
2018 BGN Community Mock Draft Order
1) Browns (GMinTraining): Saquon Barkley
2) Giants (ablesser88): Quenton Nelson
3) Jets (20Safety_Hazards): Sam Darnold
4) Browns (MJ1893): Josh Rosen
5) Broncos (drc242): Baker Mayfield
6) Colts (I Need a Username): Bradley Chubb
7) Buccaneers (dunc123): Minkah Fitzpatrick
8) Bears (NVEagleShark): Tremaine Edmunds
9) 49ers (Doug Pederson’s Pair of Balls): Calvin Ridley
10) Raiders (Milehighbirds): Derwin James
11) Dolphins (danishdynamite_): Roquan Smith
12) Bills (LAOJoe)
13) Washington (Eagle1987):
14) Packers (89Tremaine):
15) Cardinals (TJ “Ben Simmons” Mcconnell):
16) Ravens (PhillyEagles2011):
17) Chargers (LBCeaglesFan!):
18) Seahawks (KEZHOG):
19) Cowboys (Brawnybalboa):
20) Lions (dshelton5):
21) Bengals (Palaniappan K M):
22) Bills (BeamerWentzorBentley):
23) Patriots (jy1187):
24) Panthers (dceagles):
25) Titans (ei78):
26) Falcons (SakPrescott):
27) Saints (MidMajorMatt):
28) Steelers (SummersInVA):
29) Jaguars (RecarTabmok):
30) Vikings (AnthroEagle):
31) Patriots (PhilaWolverine):
32) Eagles (JALupowitz):
Now it’s time for you to vote for who YOU think the Dolphins should pick in the 2018 BGN Consensus Mock Draft.
Who should the Dolphins draft at No. 11 overall?
This poll is closed
1) Browns: Saquon Barkley
2) Giants: Sam Darnold
3) Jets: Josh Rosen
4) Browns: Josh Allen
5) Broncos: Baker Mayfield
6) Colts: Bradley Chubb
7) Buccaneers: Minkah Fitzpatrick
8) Bears: Quenton Nelson
9) 49ers: Tremaine Edmunds
10) Raiders: Derwin James