As we approach the upcoming NFL Draft, we've seen countless mock drafts with updated versions whipping around like men with their hair on fire. Many of these mock drafts are based on writer expectations or perceived team needs rather than true scheme fits or ACTUAL team needs. They don't take into account front office strategy or what other players are on the depth chart as developmental prospects. Other times, they hear a rumor and quote a "source" for why they pick a player for a certain team. And they certainly don't always follow what the fans want to happen.
However, this is NOT your basic mock draft.
I'm back again to go through the SB Nation blogs to create a truly fan driven mock draft. Over the course of the next month, I will be using the Fan Post poll generator to create a live draft so that the fans get to be the general manager of their respective team. Each poll will only be open for 24 HOURS for continuity and will have up to 10 players up for vote. I will be using a cumulative research list as possible selections for each team, and my best player available will be highlighted in the poll.
There will also be an "other" option added in case I forgot to mention any specific player that you would like to draft in your slot. If you want to choose the "other" option, please be sure to list that player in the comment section below. If there are enough comments mentioning said player I will be more than happy to insert that player as your selection. There are no trades allowed because they are extremely hard to accurately project. Instead, use the comment section and give a possible trade option and scenario that you would like to see your team make happen.
After every selection has been made and all of the polls are closed, I will be coming back around to share the final results. The final edition will have each selection, final poll results for that selection, a link back to this post and a small blurb from me about how the selection process happened. I will also mention a wanted trade if there are enough comments mention that scenario.
This is a fan mock draft, and needs plenty of fan participation. Please feel free to share this to your Twitter and or Facebook account. I ask that you recommend this post right above the comment section so other people on the site can see it, and hopefully we can get a few up on the front page. Last year, we accumulated over 21,000 votes with four sites sharing their post on their front pages. I plan on using several comments from posters this season to help spice it up a hair. The only way this can happen is with your help and participation.
If you would like to revisit last year's Final Edition, you may do so by clicking on this link
Note: I'm fully aware that the draft is not going to fall this way and these picks aren't entirely realistic. Players are definitely going to be drafted in selections that aren't in line with what other people are thinking/ wanting. Don't be "that guy". We all know who they are.
So without any further ado...
The 2018 NFL Draft is officially underway! The Philadelphia Eagles are now on the clock...
1. Cleveland Browns- Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
2. New York Giants- Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
3. New York Jets- Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
4. Cleveland Browns (via HOU)- Bradley Chubb, EDGE, North Carolina State
5. Denver Broncos- Quenton Nelson, OL, Notre Dame
6. Indianapolis Colts- Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Derwin James, DB, Florida State
8. Chicago Bears- Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
9. San Francisco 49ers- Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
10. Oakland Raiders- Denzel Ward, DB, Ohio State
11. Miami Dolphins- Sam Darnold, QB, USC
13. Washington Redskins- Vita Vea, DL, Washington
14. Green Bay Packers- Joshua Jackson, DB, Iowa
15. Arizona Cardinals- Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
16. Baltimore Ravens- Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
17. Los Angeles Chargers- Da'Ron Payne, DL, Alabama
18. Seattle Seahawks- Connor Williams, OL, Texas
19. Dallas Cowboys- Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
20. Detroit Lions- Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College
21. Cincinnati Bengals- Isiah Wynn, OL, Georgia
22. Buffalo Bills- Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
23. New England Patriots- Kolton Miller, OL, UCLA
24. Carolina Panthers- Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
25. Tennessee Titans- Marcus Davenport, EDGE, Texas- San Antonio
26. Atlanta Falcons- Maurice Hurst, DL, Michigan
27. New Orleans Saints- Sam Hubbard, EDGE, Ohio State
28. Pittsburgh Steelers- Justin Reid, DB, Stanford
29. Jacksonville Jaguars- Will Hernandez, OL, Texas- El Paso
30. Minnesota Vikings- Billy Price, OL, Ohio State
31. New England Patriots- Mike Hughes DB, Central Florida