The BGN Community Mock Draft is back! After a very successful run over the past few years, we're doing it again this offseason. The start of the actual 2018 NFL Draft on April 26 is just around the corner, so we're ready to begin VERY soon. Please make sure to check out the rules below.
In 2017, BGN member JALupowitz finished as champion with a 93% community approval for selecting Myles Garrett at No. 1. In honor of this great accomplishment, JALupowitz will own the rightful claim to pick No. 32 for the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles this year. BGN user drc242 finished as a close second for the second year in a row so I’m allowing him to pick any non-Eagles team. He’s taking the Denver Broncos at No. 5.
There is a NEW TWIST to this year’s community mock draft. I’ll be including a poll in each pick post that allows everyone to vote for who THEY would pick for that given team. This way we’ll end up with two final mocks: one from the 32 individual users, and one from the community of voters. Let me know if you like this idea.
Who will be the individual winner in 2018? It's anyone's guess, but you have to play to win so get those keyboards ready. There are only 30 spots up for grabs.
REMINDER: Picking teams doesn't start until FRIDAY, March 30 at 2:00 PM Eastern Time. This is just a "HEADS UP" post to give everyone a fair shot at getting their team of choice.
READ THE RULES
- Just like in the past, this year's process will start at a specific time: Friday, March 30 at 2:00 PM ET, to be exact. If you want to be assigned to a pick, just comment in the post that will appear on the front page at that time. Make sure to include TWO things:
1) The team you want
2) The email address where I can reach you immediately after the pick claiming is done
TO REPEAT: ONCE YOUR PICK IS CLAIMED AND CONFIRMED by me in the official chart, I will contact you at the email address you provide. Mine is PE-BGN(at)mail(dot)com. Please keep checking your email so that we can get the process moving. If you do not receive an email invitation to the Google doc from me after I have confirmed your pick in the chart (give me like 90 minutes at least), please contact me ASAP.
- Teams will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. HOWEVER, you must have at least 300 comments or have been a member of BGN since January 1st, 2018 in order to participate. (Note: this is a loose guideline more than a hard rule. Exceptions will be made as I see necessary.)
- There are only 30 slots open this year, so if you want a pick, don't wait around! You can only pick one team/selection.
- The first two selections will be posted to the front page on Monday, April 2. If you have the Cleveland Browns and New York Giants, be ready to email me your picks ASAP. Again: my e-mail is PE-BGN(at)mail(dot)com.
- Everyone's pick will be due to me at least TWO DAYS before the pick is published on BGN's front page. The exact schedule for when picks are due can be seen in the list at the bottom of this post.
- Two picks will be posted every business day (Monday through Friday, no weekends) until we reach the end of our mock draft, which, conveniently enough, should coincide with the beginning of draft week.
- Standard fanpost etiquette applies - meaning please make your pick explanations at least 150 words long and try to use big boy sentences. Punctuation is also appreciated.
- If you want some examples of how the picks went down in previous years, click [here] and [here] and [here] and [here] and [here].
- The winner of the mock (and the recipient of next year's Eagles pick) will be determined by a community approval rating poll placed on each article. Don't forget to vote!
- No trades - sorry.
Keep an eye out for the selection post TOMORROW (Friday, March 30st, 2:00 PM ET). Best of luck to everyone! Let's have fun. Here's when picks will publish. (Again, your explanation due date is two days before publish date.)
1) Cleveland Browns: April 2
2) New York Giants: April 2
3) New York Jets: April 3
4) Cleveland Browns: April 3
5) Denver Broncos: April 4
6) Indianapolis Colts: April 4
7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: April 5
8) Chicago Bears: April 5
9) San Francisco 49ers: April 6
10) Oakland Raiders: April 6
11) Miami Dolphins: April 9
12) Buffalo Bills: April 9
13) Washington Redskins: April 10
14) Green Bay Packers: April 10
15) Arizona Cardinals: April 11
16) Baltimore Ravens: April 11
17) Los Angeles Chargers: April 12
18) Seattle Seahawks: April 12
19) Dallas Cowboys: April 13
20) Detroit Lions: April 13
21) Cincinnati Bengals: April 16
22) Buffalo Bills: April 16
23) Los Angeles Rams: April 17
24) Carolina Panthers: April 17
25) Tennessee Titans: April 18
26) Atlanta Falcons: April 18
27) New Orleans Saints: April 19
28) Pittsburgh Steelers: April 19
29) Jacksonville Jaguars: April 20
30) Minnesota Vikings: April 20
31) New England Patriots: April 23
32) Philadelphia Eagles: April 23
NOTE: The Browns and Bills each have two first round picks. Please specify which pick you want when selecting them. (For example: Browns pick No. 4)