Thanks to the league’s schedule formula, we already know all of the Philadelphia Eagles’ opponents in 2019. Here are the 13 teams the Eagles will play next season.
EAGLES 2019 OPPONENTS
New York Giants
The specific dates and times won’t be known until the NFL officially announces the 2019 schedule in mid-to-late April.
The Eagles’ 16-game schedule is determined by a formula. They play the three NFC East teams twice a season, so that makes up six games. They also play one NFC and one AFC division, which rotates each year. In 2019, that’s the NFC North and the AFC East, so that’s eight more games. The Eagles then play the two teams from each of the other two NFC divisions that finished in the same spot in their division as Philadelphia. So that would be the Falcons in the NFC South and the Seahawks in the NFC West.
As we all know, the NFL is typically a year-to-year league. There’s so much that can change from now until next season. With that said, here are some early thoughts about the Eagles’ 2019 opponents.
- The Eagles will play at least four teams that made the 2019 NFL playoffs.
- The Eagles will have a chance to overtake the Giants in the all-time series in 2019.
- Super Bowl LII rematch when the Pats come to town.
- The Eagles will play at U.S. Bank Stadium for the first time since they won the Super Bowl there.
- Playing the Packers at Lambeau Field figures to be tough.
- LeSean McCoy could play his second (and final?) game against the Eagles since being traded away from Philly.
- The Eagles’ perfect 10-0 record against the Jets will be on the line next year.
- A sneak peek of the Eagles’ opponents in seasons beyond 2019:
2020: NFC West, AFC North, NFC North and South divisional finish, NFC East
2021: NFC South, AFC West, NFC North and West divisional finish, NFC East
2022: NFC North, AFC South, NFC South and West divisional finish, NFC East