The Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles pulled off a massive upset of the Los Angeles Rams and the big question is.. how? Of course having a Super Bowl MVP as a backup plan helps.. a lot. But what does the film teach us about the win?
That’s what we try to uncover on the newest Kist & Solak Show. Topics covered include:
- Did Avonte Maddox have the best game by any Eagles’ cornerback in recent history? There’s definitely a case to be made and his Game Ball is well deserved. Also with many questioning the development of the young defensive backs, it’s important to note that Maddox showed significant improvement in a technique that he struggled with throughout camp and in the preseason.
- How did the Eagles’ stifle the running game and hold Todd Gurley to 12 carries for 48 yards?
- Did Jim Schwartz follow the Detroit Lions and Chicago Bears model when it came to playing the Rams’ play-action and jet motion concepts?
- The offensive line benefited from a quick passing game that put them at the top spot for Pro Football Focus’ pass blocking efficiency metric. How’d they do it and how did they limit Aaron Donald to one of his least productive games? Hint: they doubled and trapped the daylights out of him.
- 12 personnel proved yet again to be the most efficient personnel package of the offense. How are the Eagles benefiting from some hot double wing action?
- What makes Nick Foles successful? Why is his brand of football different than Carson Wentz and why does a certain aspect of his game remind us of Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick’s pre-snap process? Foles released the ball in under 2.50 seconds on 3 out of 4 of his dropbacks on Sunday; what’s the thinking behind it?
A lot went into the Eagles being 13 1/2 point underdogs and coming out on top, after all it was a “complete team win” as Doug Pederson and Nick Foles talked about in their post-game press conferences.
Listen to the analysis on how it all happened by streaming The Kist & Solak Show #55 on the media player below, or by clicking here if the player doesn’t load. As always, five-star reviews and written reviews are appreciated, and once we hit 600 five-star ratings on Apple Podcasts we’ll read the best of the recently submitted reviews on the show! FLY EAGLES FLY!
FILM REVIEW SHOW— BGN Radio (@BGN_Radio) December 18, 2018
The @MichaelKistNFL & @BenjaminSolak Show #55! How did the Eagles beat the Rams? What IS Foles? Was it a masterpiece by Schwartz? Find out all the answers w/this packed film review show!