It was a fun holiday weekend filled with football, and a Sunday afternoon capped by an Eagles divisional win. The first game on Thanksgiving Day featured several former Eagles players, including Chase Daniel getting his first start in quite some time.
Here’s how some other former Eagles fared in Week 12 of the NFL:
Lions lose on Thanksgiving but Blount battles
Chicago Bears, 23 @ Detroit Lions, 16
The Detroit Lions have continued their Thanksgiving Day tradition of disappointing their very loyal fanbase on a day they should be giving thanks. In their “opposite of Chiefs-Rams” contest early on Thursday, running back LeGarrette Blount was back shouldering the load of a struggling offense.
After openly talking about being disappointed in his production this season, Blount came back with a force, recording 19 carries for 88 yards and two scores, in addition to one catch for 15 additional yards — marking his first 100-plus yard day of offense all season.
Unfortunately for the rusher, it wasn’t quite enough to thrust his team into a win, who were ultimately bested by a Chase Daniel-led offense for Chicago. With starter Mitch Trubisky out for the week, the former Eagles QB saw his first entire game on Thanksgiving, going 27-of-37 for 230 yards and two touchdowns.
Tight end Trey Burton hasn’t been quite as productive as he was earlier in the season, and continued that trend in Week 12 with just 28 yards on four receptions, plus a lost fumble.
Pushing the Bears into the win was place kicker Cody Parkey. The former Eagle made a 40-yard field goal on Sunday, and went 2-for-2 in point after attempts.
Barkley back to No. 2 in Buffalo
Quarterback Matt Barkley quickly took over the starting job in Buffalo as the team moved on from Nathan Peterman, but as the No. 2 behind Josh Allen, his place as a starter was extremely short-lived. Despite leading the Bills to a win in Week 10 over the Jets, Barkley is back on the sideline after the bye week with Allen’s return.
Unfortunately, it appears that along with Allen’s return to the lineup, LeSean McCoy was back to his somewhat “meh” ways. The running back had 17 carries on Sunday against the Jaguars, but only ran for 46 yards in the win — a far drop from his 113 yards on 26 carries with Barkley at quarterback.
- Former Eagle fan favorite Connor Barwin had just one tackle for the Giants against his former team on Sunday.
- Linebacker Kiko Alonso has been having a good year for the Dolphins, and kept the streak going with six total tackles in Week 12 against the Colts.
- The Buccaneers beat the 49ers 27-9, with a performance that included Beau Allen making two tackles, Vinny Curry — making his return from a lingering injury — with three total tackles, and DeSean Jackson making three receptions for 19 yards despite a thumb injury.
- Daryl Worley was listed as the starter this week for the Raiders, but didn’t record a single tackle on the day.
Inactives and Injured
- Running back Kenjon Barner was quickly picked up off waivers by the Carolina Panthers, but for the second game since his third return to the Cam Newton-led offense, he was inactive for the team on Sunday against the Seahawks.
- Similarly, OT Matt Tobin was inactive again for the Patriots in Week 12 against the Jets.
- Wide receiver Torrey Smith was ACTIVE for the Panthers on Sunday, after several weeks sidelined with injury, but didn’t record a single catch.