The Eagles also released a clip that features some differences from the video above.
- Carson came off pretty whiny about the heat. In fairness, I don’t blame him. I get pretty cranky when it gets hot. And I’m not the one playing football on a 100 degree field in the sun.
- Really love how Wentz points down the field to throw off defenders before taking off running. Smart.
- I like how Wentz was mad at himself for not scoring on his scramble because Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie got his ankle.
- Carson really beat himself up for that Alshon Jeffery overthrow. He should. That was bad. It’s not shown in this clip, but another clip circulating on Twitter had Wentz saying “You idiot, Wentz.”
- Jason Peters saying “no more misses, bro” to Jake Elliott is fantastic. I don’t think we’re giving JP enough credit for Elliott’s 61-yard field goal. Imagine Peters saying something like that to you. That is NOT a dude you want to let down. Especially when you’re a 5-9, 170 pound kicker. Peters has five inches and 160 pounds on him.
- Really like the call to run the same play to Zach Ertz.
- Carson made an interesting point that I never thought about before. The Eagles’ bench gets shade before their opponents do. The Giants had to deal with being in the sun all game long while the Eagles at least had some shade in the heat.
- “We’re in field goal range but we’re not settling for three, we’re freaking scoring a touchdown.”
- “YOU SON OF A GUN!”
It’s always fun to see players mic’d up. In this case, you can see why the Eagles really value Wentz’s leadership.