QB Nate Sudfeld
C/G Josh Andrews
TE Billy Brown
LB Nathan Gerry
OT Dillon Gordon
DT Justin Hamilton
RB Byron Marshall
CB C.J. Smith
WR Bryce Treggs
WR Greg Ward
Here are some quick thoughts on the moves.
- Nine of the practice squad members consist of players who were with the Eagles this offseason. So the Eagles were able to keep all their bubble guys on the practice squad. That’s nice.
- The one new player is Sudfeld. The 23-year-old quarterback was a sixth round pick by the Redskins last year. Sudfeld was Washington’s third string quarterback this offseason. The Eagles needed a young QB to have on the practice squad as their third stringer behind Carson Wentz and Nick Foles. It’s an added bonus that the Eagles play Washington next week. Maybe they can gain some inside intel from Sudfeld.
- The presence of Andrews and Gordon gives the Eagles 10 total offensive lineman for practice.
- With Treggs and Ward sticking around, the Eagles didn’t have to choose between them and Shelton Gibson really after all. It also gives them eight receivers for practice.
- 2017 fifth-round pick Nate Gerry cleared waivers and made the practice squad. Good.
- For a look at the Eagles’ 53-man depth chart, click here.