Welcome to the newest edition of BGN Radio! BGN Radio is Bleeding Green Nation's regularly scheduled podcast. Each week some combination of Brandon Lee Gowton, James Seltzer, Patrick Wall, Matt Dering, Ben Natan, Jack Fritz, Vince Quinn, Turron Davenport, and host John Barchard will be here to talk about the Philadelphia Eagles.
This episode is powered by @SportsRadioWIP and @clippittv
Episode #263 crew: John Barchard, James Seltzer
John and James break down a sloppy, but thrilling Eagles 27-24 victory over the Giants.
The guys revel in the glory of Jake Elliott's game-winning 61-yard field goal and what the win means for the Eagles moving forward.
The Eagles ran the ball! John and James discuss the surprising effectiveness of the running game, including Wendell Smallwood's strong showing, Corey Clement making the most of his first real NFL opportunity, and most importantly, the terrific outing from Stefen Wisniewski and the crucial role he played in the ground game's success.
Speaking of Wisniewski, what took Doug so long to put him at left guard? Wiz is clearly, obviously better than Seamulo and Warmack, yet it took more than two games for him to see the field.The fellas address this issue and dole out some blame for what was clearly a poor decision.
While the running game got going, the passing game stalled for the first time this season. The BGN crew analyzes what went wrong, critiquing what amounted to a sub-par performance from Carson Wentz.
Another area where the Eagles under performed was on the defensive line, as they were not able to take advantage of bad Giants offensive line. John and James discuss some of the reasons for the line's struggles, including Ben McAdoo's offensive game plan and Jim Schwartz's culpability.
One potential reason for some of the defense's poor play the injuries to Jordan Hicks and Fletcher Cox. The fellas address the injuries (including Darren Sproles) and the affect they had on today's game -- also, what they could mean going forward.
The guys also discussed another (mostly) bad showing from Doug Pederson, how the secondary played, and much more.
BGN Radio Hotline - Call in and voice your opinions. The number is 1-267-245-6066.
BGN Radio is on iTunes! SUBSCRIBE HERE. Please RATE US (FIVE STARS) and LEAVE A REVIEW!
COMING UP NEXT
Tomorrow in the 4:00 PM hour -- it's Monday Afternoon QB with BLG. Don't miss this week's BGN Radio Daily episodes.
HOW TO LISTEN
DOWNLOAD: Click here to download this episode.
BONUS BGN RADIO CONTENT
Watch a video version of this episode via the Bleeding Green Nation Facebook page.
SUPPORT BGN RADIO
In order to grow BGN Radio even more, we'd like to ask a few favors of you:
• Support BGN Radio on Patreon. Donate here.
• Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official BGN Radio iTunes feed. Also please rate the show (5 stars, obviously!) and leave a review. Not only do we love to hear your feedback, but this also helps other Eagles fans find the show. If you leave a good/funny five star review, we will read it on the show.
• Are you interested in advertising with BGN Radio? Contact us at email@example.com.
• Check out our website - www.BGNRadio.com. Go buy apparel from the BGN Radio Shop!
• Speaking of helping others find the show, don't be shy to share the podcast with your friends. They'll love it, we promise.
• Follow BGN Radio on Twitter: @BGN_Radio.
• Follow BGN Radio on Instagram: @BGN_Radio.
• Check out the new BGN Radio Facebook page and please give us a like.
• Follow BGN Radio on SoundCloud.
• Rate BGN Radio on Stitcher and leave a review.
• Listen to BGN Radio on Google Play.
• BGN Radio is now on TuneIn! Click here to check it out.
• Other ways to listen to BGN Radio: Podbean, Otto Radio, Acast, AudioBoom.