Welcome to the newest edition of BGN Radio! BGN Radio is Bleeding Green Nation's regularly scheduled podcast. Each week some combination of Brandon Lee Gowton, James Seltzer, Patrick Wall, Matt Dering, Ben Natan, Jack Fritz, Vince Quinn, Turron Davenport, and host John Barchard will be here to talk about the Philadelphia Eagles.
Episode #261 crew: John Barchard, James Seltzer, Vince Quinn
John, James, and Vince recap a hard-fought loss in Kansas City.
The guys break down the play of Carson Wentz, including the good and the bad. What does the BGN crew think Wentz needs to work on the most heading into Week 3? Listen in to find out.
The fellas also discuss the strong play of the defensive line and what it could mean for the team over the course of the season. However, not everything was great, as the guys lay into one particular defensive lineman over one crucial bad play in a big spot late in the game.
Flipping over to the offensive side of the trenches, the guys thought the Eagles' o-line played well for the most part, with one glaring exception -- Isaac Seamulo. John, James, and Vince offer their thoughts on Seamulo's poor showing, how the rest of the line held up, and more.
Having said that, as bad as Seamulo played, the running game was worse. The BGN Crew addresses Eagles' inability to run the ball effectively and whether it's a problem that can be fixed this season or not.
The jefe himself, Brandon Lee Gowton, calls into the show to weigh in on the deficiencies in the running game, the play of Carson Wentz, and much more.
Luckily, the receiving core does look improved this season, as Alshon Jeffery showed everyone why he got paid this offseason, with a strong performance against the Chiefs. Also, Mack Hollins burst onto the (NFL) scene with a few nice plays in the receiving game as well. Granted, Torrey Smith had a couple bad drops, but on the whole the fellas feel good about the wide receivers moving forward.
Shifting back to the defense, the guys discuss the Rodney McLeod injury and its potential affect on the team if he misses an extended period of time.
Lastly, the crew looks ahead to Week 3, as the Eagles will finally play their first home game of the season. Spoiler alert: John, James, and Vince all feel confident heading into an important NFC East clash with the Giants.
And much more!
Listen to BGN Radio LIVE on SportsRadio 94WIP this Saturday, September 23 from 4:00 - 6:00 PM ET!
BGN Radio Hotline - Call in and voice your opinions. The number is 1-267-245-6066.
HOW TO LISTEN
DOWNLOAD: Click here to download this episode.
BONUS BGN RADIO CONTENT
Watch the video version of Episode #261 via the Bleeding Green Nation Facebook page.
SUPPORT BGN RADIO
In order to grow BGN Radio even more, we'd like to ask a few favors of you:
• Support BGN Radio on Patreon. Donate here.
• Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official BGN Radio iTunes feed. Also please rate the show (5 stars, obviously!) and leave a review. Not only do we love to hear your feedback, but this also helps other Eagles fans find the show. If you leave a good/funny five star review, we will read it on the show.
• Are you interested in advertising with BGN Radio? Contact us at email@example.com.
• Speaking of helping others find the show, don't be shy to share the podcast with your friends. They'll love it, we promise.
• Follow BGN Radio on Twitter: @BGN_Radio.
• Follow BGN Radio on Instagram: @BGN_Radio.
• Check out the new BGN Radio Facebook page and please give us a like.
• Follow BGN Radio on SoundCloud.
• Rate BGN Radio on Stitcher and leave a review.
• Listen to BGN Radio on Google Play.
• BGN Radio is now on TuneIn! Click here to check it out.