But not really. Remember: this depth chart is very unofficial. It is not assembled by the Eagles coaching staff. Rather, the team's public relations team puts it together.
And even if this was the official depth chart, there’s still plenty of time for things to change. The Eagles still have a few more weeks of training camp in addition to four preseason games.
Now let's disregard everything I just wrote and overanalyze the depth chart anyway!
QB: Carson Wentz, Nick Foles, Matt McGloin, Dane Evans
RB: LeGarrette Blount, Darren Sproles, Wendell Smallwood, Donnel Pumphrey, Byron Marshall, Corey Clement, Ryan Mathews
WR: Alshon Jeffery, Marcus Johnson, Shelton Gibson
WR: Torrey Smith, Mack Hollins, David Watford
WR: Jordan Matthews, Nelson Agholor, Bryce Treggs, Greg Ward, Paul Turner
TE: Zach Ertz, Brent Celek, Trey Burton, Billy Brown, Anthony Denham, Adam Zaruba
LT: Jason Peters, Dillon Gordon, Matt Tobin
LG: Isaac Seumalo, Chance Warmack, Dallas Thomas
C: Jason Kelce, Stefen Wisniewski, Aaron Neary, Tyler Orlosky
RG: Brandon Brooks, Josh Andrews, Darrell Greene
RT: Lane Johnson, Halapoulivaati Vaitai, Taylor Hart
DE: Brandon Graham, Chris Long, Alex McCalister
DE: Vinny Curry, Derek Barnett, Steven Means
DT: Fletcher Cox, Destiny Vaeao, Gabe Wright, Winston Craig
DT: Tim Jernigan, Justin Hamilton, Elijah Qualls, Beau Allen (injured)
OLB: Mychal Kendricks, Nathan Gerry, Kamu Grugier-Hill
OLB: Nigel Bradham, Najee Goode, Don Cherry
MLB: Jordan Hicks, Joe Walker, Steven Daniels
CB: Jalen Mills, Rasul Douglas, Aaron Grymes, Jomal Wiltz, Tay Glover-Wright
CB: Patrick Robinson, Ron Brooks, C.J. Smith, Mitchell White, Sidney Jones (injured)
S: Malcolm Jenkins, Terrence Brooks, Tre Sullivan
S: Rodney McLeod, Corey Graham, Jaylen Watkins, Chris Maragos
P: Donnie Jones, Cameron Johnston
K: Caleb Sturgis
H: Donnie Jones
PR: Darren Sproles, Donnel Pumphrey, Greg Ward
KR: Wendell Smallwood, Nelson Agholor, Donnel Pumphrey
LS: Jon Dorenbos, Rick Lovato
• No real surprises with the starting lineup.
• JMatt is still ahead of Nelson Agholor, but both players are listed in the slot. Frank Reich acknowledged there’s a battle at that position.
• Smallwood is ahead of Donnel Pumphrey. Both players should see rotational playing time this year.
• Not surprising to see Marcus Johnson ahead of Shelton Gibson. Johnson is a virtual lock to make this roster.
• Greg Ward being ahead of Hall of Famer Paul Turner seems like a good sign for the rookie. Usually the more experienced players get the benefit of the doubt at that spot.
• In the same vein, Brown is ahead of Denham.
• Big V is likely the top backup at both tackle positions but Dillon Gordon is right behind him. Gordon could also see time as a sixth offensive lineman or a situational fullback role.
• Justin Hamilton being over Qualls is surprising, though not necessarily meaningful. I don’t think I’ve even thought about Hamilton (let alone write about him) all camp.
• I think the top six corners listed on this chart will make the final roster. The other question mark is Robinson if he continues to struggle. The Eagles could also look for outside help at this spot which could Robinson or Grymes in jeopardy.
• Graham is already ahead of Watkins despite signing with the team just last week. The Eagles have been using Watkins back at corner in practice now that Graham is here. Probably not a good sign for Watkins’ chances of making the team.
• Sproles is still the punt returner. The kick returner job is a little less clear. It looks like Smallwood could get the first crack there. The Eagles might experiment with different returners based on what I’ve seen in practice. Looks like Agholor would be next up after him.
• Anything noteworthy stick out to you?