Welcome to the newest edition of BGN Radio! BGN Radio is Bleeding Green Nation's regularly scheduled podcast. Each week some combination of Brandon Lee Gowton, James Seltzer, Patrick Wall, Matt Dering, Ben Natan, Jack Fritz, Vince Quinn, Turron Davenport, and host John Barchard will be here to talk about the Philadelphia Eagles.
Episode #252 crew: John Barchard, James Seltzer
John and James recap Preseason Game #2, as they bask in the glow of a (meaningless) 20-16 win over the Bills. The guys discuss who played well, who didn't, and much more.
One guy who certainly played well was Ronald Darby. The team's newest addition showed fans why they should be excited about him, as the corner picked off one Tyrod Taylor pass and almost came away with another. John and James break down Darby's strong first impression, and what kind of impact he'll have on this Eagles defense.
Darby wasn't the only defensive player to shine against the Bills. The fellas highlight some of the other impressive showings, including one guy who looked way better than any of us expected.
Speaking of looking better, Nelson Agholor finally showed up in live game action. Preseason caveats aside, he showed quickness and athleticism, and finally gave some credence to the rave reviews he's been getting in practice. The guys chat about Agholor's nice outing, and what it may mean going forward.
Despite Nelson's improvement, the offense as a whole struggled, for the most part, in Thursday night's game. John and James go deep in breaking down the disappointing showing, including Wentz's lackluster showing, whether it's time to worry about the running game, and the somewhat anticlimactic debut of Alshon.
Not everyone on offense underperformed, Corey Clement is proof of that, as the undrafted rookie free agent continued his strong preseason. However, does he actually have a chance to make the team? Listen in to find out.
In the wake of another impressive showing from rookie Derek Barnett, the fellas discuss their expectations for him this season, and how the defensive line rotation may ultimately play out.
Taking your questions from Twitter and Facebook Live
And much more!
Listen to BGN Radio live on SportsRadio 94WIP this Saturday, August 19 from 4:00 - 6:00 PM ET!
BGN Radio Hotline - Call in and voice your opinions. The number is 1-267-245-6066.
HOW TO LISTEN
DOWNLOAD: Click here to download this episode.
WATCH THE VIDEO VERSION: Via the BGN Facebook page.
SUPPORT BGN RADIO
In order to grow BGN Radio even more, we'd like to ask a few favors of you:
• Support BGN Radio on Patreon. Donate here.
• Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official BGN Radio iTunes feed. Also please rate the show (5 stars, obviously!) and leave a review. Not only do we love to hear your feedback, but this also helps other Eagles fans find the show. If you leave a good/funny five star review, we will read it on the show.
• Are you interested in advertising with BGN Radio? Contact us at email@example.com.
• Speaking of helping others find the show, don't be shy to share the podcast with your friends. They'll love it, we promise.
• Follow BGN Radio on Twitter: @BGN_Radio.
• Follow BGN Radio on Instagram: @BGN_Radio.
• Check out the new BGN Radio Facebook page and please give us a like.
• Follow BGN Radio on SoundCloud.
• Rate BGN Radio on Stitcher and leave a review.
• Listen to BGN Radio on Google Play.
• BGN Radio is now on TuneIn! Click here to check it out.